News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zanza

Travemünde? That's on the Trave, not the Elbe. I don't think that's affected by the flood.

Syt

Quote from: Zanza on June 12, 2013, 01:35:46 PM
Travemünde? That's on the Trave, not the Elbe. I don't think that's affected by the flood.

Well, yeah, I know, but that's what Atlantic says. I'm not up to date with the actual situation at the moment.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Zanza

It says Tangermünde, which is near Stendal and sits directly on the Elbe riverbank.

Syt

Quote from: Zanza on June 12, 2013, 01:39:48 PM
It says Tangermünde, which is near Stendal and sits directly on the Elbe riverbank.
:lol: You're right. I'm tired. :blush:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Liep

Awesome accent from Putin here, I've never seen him so uncomfortable. :lol:

Looking forward to the 2020 expo in Jekaterinburg!

Forgot video link: http://news.kremlin.ru/video/1496
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josquius

Remember that Samantha Brick woman? The "people hate me because I'm beautiful" cow?
It looks like she continues to pursue fame. She popped up on Japanese TV last night with some lame story about her fortune telling addiction. :unsure:
██████
██████
██████

mongers

Quote from: fahdiz on June 12, 2013, 01:07:10 PM
It's a wonder sometimes that homo sapiens has made it this far.

We need to seriously hurry up and build that B-ark.  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Phillip V

3 months paid paternity leave? :o I want to work there and impregnate a woman annually. :)

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324049504578541633708283670.html

Syt

Kindle Fire HD is now available in Austria. Unfortunately, there's no decent video on demand service, which would be the sole selling point (there's one for German customers from Lovefilm, but it looks ridiculously small compared to the UK offering, and they're not even very clear on whether you can choose undubbed versions).

Still no decent legal streaming/video on demand system via internet in Austria (not that Germany does much better).
—Stephen Jay Gould

Grey Fox

Quote from: Phillip V on June 12, 2013, 09:25:30 PM
3 months paid paternity leave? :o I want to work there and impregnate a woman annually. :)

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324049504578541633708283670.html

You sure? Taking care of babies isn't that fun after 10 weeks.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

garbon

You have a big new expense but you should take time off to be with your wife and earn less pay. :)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

merithyn

Quote from: garbon on June 13, 2013, 07:38:56 AM
You have a big new expense but you should take time off to be with your wife and earn less pay. :)

Planning is everything.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

derspiess

When both my kids were born my boss gave me an extra week of PTO under the table.  I padded that with a few extra days, and that was more than enough.  I was ready to go back to work.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Grey Fox

I'm having a new kid, I'm taking 5 weeks. :yeah:
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.