News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Quote from: Tyr on January 10, 2013, 06:34:13 PM
Every week at school I have to record a little program for the school pa system where I talk about wherever. I've been told I need to have a little theme tune before I start. So. I need to think of a song with an awesome intro that would work well for this purpose. Suggestions?

Hey Sexy Ladyyy
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

Every week at school I have to record a little program for the school pa system where I talk about wherever. I've been told I need to have a little theme tune before I start. So. I need to think of a song with an awesome intro that would work well for this purpose. Suggestions?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9zfHpiS4Ug
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 11, 2013, 12:19:35 PM
:lol: Brilliant choice!

That's the first clue to not click on the link.  Retardo Endorsement NOTHX

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 11, 2013, 12:42:43 PM

But it is Devo.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Quote from: garbon on January 11, 2013, 12:48:08 PM

But it is Devo.

Devo is now tainted.  Great :angry:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

PDH

I know, fucker taints everything.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

CountDeMoney

But it is Devo.

Like I'm willing to take that chance.  Last link he put up was Cowboy BeBop, or some other anime shit Lettow whacks off to when he crossdresses in schoolgirl sailor outfit.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 11, 2013, 01:30:09 PM

But it is Devo.

Like I'm willing to take that chance.  Last link he put up was Cowboy BeBop, or some other anime shit Lettow whacks off to when he crossdresses in schoolgirl sailor outfit.

Really, that's what PDH last did? :unsure:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

At long last, Sen. Rockefeller is calling it quits-- he's not going to run for re-election in 2014.  So it looks favorable for a Republican (Capito) to win that seat, or at the very worst a Manchin-type blue dog Dem.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Phillip V

Quote from: derspiess on January 11, 2013, 01:59:20 PM
At long last, Sen. Rockefeller is calling it quits-- he's not going to run for re-election in 2014.  So it looks favorable for a Republican (Capito) to win that seat, or at the very worst a Manchin-type blue dog Dem.
Let's talk about rape.

PDH

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 11, 2013, 01:30:09 PM

For the record I have NEVER put up such a link - japanime is retarded.

(the all caps were for Mart)
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Tonitrus

Quote from: Syt on January 11, 2013, 12:35:35 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9zfHpiS4Ug

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ali04XRq88

Josquius

Quote from: Tontirushttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ali04XRq88
:lol: :hmm:
I don't like the tune much but it would be nice and funny, trouble is I couldn't just use it and be secretly subversive, they would ask where it came from

Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 11, 2013, 07:28:31 AM
Go classy with a jazz intro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpGRXCp_BXA
Hmm, that ones a bit low tempo. I considered Tank, trouble is its already being reused by a show on Japanese TV <_<
██████
██████
██████

Lettow77

My roommate ordered something on my behalf some time ago, but it failed to arrive and he, so continuously running from one enthusiasm to another, forgot to contact the sender to get it resolved.

It is beyond the pale of decency to remind him, but I did the next best thing and made him a sonnet.

From last year, last month, a shadow lingers
    a trouble, a trifle, a mere tedium
    Not to find fault, or start pointing fingers
    But merely by means of this medium

make minor note and passing mention
    As you'd not ignore your dear friend's need
    and should it once incur your attention
    none doubt but that you'd at once intercede

ever in your debt, I once more depend
    upon the young prince's partiality
    assured as I am my firmest friend
    will assail this triviality