News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 23, 2012, 10:08:05 PM
Obviously hasn't bothered with proper skin care, what with out in the sun all the time.  Shame, aged her tremendously.

You've not been to a cricket game have you ?  :P

I'll let you in on a secret, in Australia the enthusiasm for it is all bluster, just a cover for the fact it's just an elaborate rain making ritual, convene at times of national emergency by the Australian cabinet.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 23, 2012, 09:09:27 AM
So what about Tapestry? Do those songs belong to the original artists, or to the songwriter who was covering them?

Carole was the theory to Dusty's praxis.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Sheilbh

James Murdoch's testifying before the Leveson Inquiry.  I don't think it's going well for him.  Counsel for the Inquiry summed it up saying this 'There are two possibilities here. Either you were told of the evidence that linked others at the News of the World to Mulcaire and this was in effect a cover up, or you weren't told and you didn't read the emails properly and there was failure of governance at the company do you accept that?'

Murdoch's answer was that that neither's true, 'I was told enough to authorise negotiations not enough to turn over a whole lot of stones that had already been turned over.'

They're about to move onto his relationship with politicians.
Let's bomb Russia!

Barrister

Quote from: Barrister on April 23, 2012, 09:09:15 AM
Little Tim made it through his first night in his big-boy bed without a hitch. :thumbsup:

After two nights it is apparent he simply hasn't figured out that he can get out of his bed by himself - before I left he was yelling for "mommy" to come get him out of bed.  Despite the fact he's only about 12 inches off the ground with only a tiny railing, and he was climibing on and off of the bed when we first set it up.   :D
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

DGuller

Sheilbh

Murdoch's testimony on Jeremy Hunt is pretty shocking.  I'd be amazed if Hunt is still a minister next week.

All the reports in the media (and his Twitter account) suggest Rupert Murdoch hates the government.  His testimony over the next two days should be good.  Evgeny Lebedev, our Russian media mogul, apparently tweeted this earlier 'entertaining revelations at #Leveson today. looking forward to @rupertmurdoch tomorrow. suspect he'll try to bring down the Government'.

Can't wait :mmm:
Let's bomb Russia!

Barrister

Quote from: DGuller on April 24, 2012, 09:18:04 AM
Canadians.  :lol:

Little kids are so funny.  If we give him an inch he will absolutely push it as far as he can - but if he knows he can't do something (like opening certain cupboards) he's quite content and doesn't even try.

So his entire life he's been picked up out of bed - I can understand why he keeps asking to be picked up.  :)

Ed Anger

Just wait until he wanders the house at 4am trying to pick the cabinet locks. You'll be wanting the old days back.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Barrister

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 24, 2012, 04:03:36 PM
Just wait until he wanders the house at 4am trying to pick the cabinet locks. You'll be wanting the old days back.

Well so far he can't quite manage door knobs, but I'm sure that won't be long.

Tonitrus

In related children news, my nephew is almost ten years old...he is also already 5' 4".

Ed Anger

Quote from: Tonitrus on April 24, 2012, 05:45:03 PM
In related children news, my nephew is almost ten years old...he is also already 5' 4".

My 12 year old nephew is 5' 8". I'm trying to get him interested in playing linebacker. YOU GET TO HURT PEOPLE.

My idea: resisted.  :cry:

MadBurgerMaker

5'8" at 12?  Forget linebacker, make him a pitcher.

Ed Anger

At least he hates soccer, so he won't turn into a Andy Carroll monstrosity.

FunkMonk

Watching an episode of Doomsday Preppers.

There's a Brave Texan using the alias "Mr. Wayne" who fears a Chinese economic assault. To prep for the Chinese hordes he enlists his Cuzzin Jessie, eats dogfood, makes his own wine, runs a bullet factory, shoots paper targets with pandas and maps of China as bullseyes, and lays minefields around his property.  :D
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Razgovory

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 24, 2012, 05:49:38 PM
Quote from: Tonitrus on April 24, 2012, 05:45:03 PM

My 12 year old nephew is 5' 8". I'm trying to get him interested in playing linebacker. YOU GET TO HURT PEOPLE.

My idea: resisted.  :cry:

The boy will regret this.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017