And we're back!

Main Menu

Ukraine's European Revolution?

Started by Sheilbh, December 03, 2013, 07:39:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 07, 2014, 12:18:10 PM
I'd guess a skeletal eagle.
Yeah, that makes sense. Definitely think the one at the left is Israel, perhaps with a Canada-rat?

No idea on Japan.
Let's bomb Russia!

garbon

One site suggests vulture for US and then that Japan is a rat (skull).
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grey Fox

Like I said.

Man, you guys have really turned on the ignore this week. :(
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

grumbler

Did somebody just post something?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Razgovory

Quote from: Syt on May 07, 2014, 08:42:15 AM
From EUOT:

:lol:

Wait a second, isn't Russia and China in the G20?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

http://en.itar-tass.com/russia/730880

QuotePutin, CIS leaders watch military drills on countering nuclear strike

The exercise involved strategic bombers, nuclear-powered ballistic missile submarines of the Pacific and Northern Fleets, and strategic land-based mobile missile systems

MOSCOW, May 08. /ITAR-TASS/. Russian President Vladimir Putin together with the leaders of a number of the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) member countries on Thursday watched scheduled Russian military command and control drills.

The military in the exercise demonstrated to the Commander-In-Chief of the Russian Armed Forces the engagement of separate missile and artillery forces and military units, aviation and air defense for the destruction of ground force groupings and rebuffing a massive missile and air strike of the enemy, as well as delivering a massive retaliatory counter-strike by nuclear deterrence forces and rebuffing the enemy's nuclear strike by the missile defense system of the city of Moscow.

The drills were organized to check the Russian Armed Forces' command and control system, the reliability of transmission of training orders and signals from the Russian National Defense Control Center to military districts to the command posts of military formations and units, to the Strategic Missile Forces (RVSN), to the aerospace defense forces and long-range aviation command.

The exercise involved strategic bombers, nuclear-powered ballistic missile submarines of the Pacific and Northern Fleets, strategic land-based mobile missile systems, combat power of the aerospace defense.

The drills also involved missile and artillery forces of the Southern and Central Military Districts.

Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko, Armenian President Serzh Sargsyan, Tajik President Emomali Rakhmon and President of Kyrgyzstan Almazbek Atambayev were watching the exercise together with Putin from the Russian National Defense Control Center.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Viking

The true reason for invading Iraq.

Coalition necromancers have resurrected Tiamat and now after years of brainwashing the coalition are preparing to unleash the beast. Will their hubris unleash this monster on god-fearing Russia? Is Putin Marduk reborn? What will the Russian Orthodox Church think about Putin being Marduk reborn?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Ed Anger

Raistlin would kick Putin's ass.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Syt

Yes, I like checking Russian news outlets. Know thy enemy and all that. Also, amusing what kind of alternate reality they propagate.

Still, hadn't caught that on Austrian news:

http://en.itar-tass.com/world/730925

QuoteRussia files note of protest with Austria over desecration of monument to Soviet warriors

Moscow demands from Vienna to eliminate the damages and punish those guilty

MOSCOW, May 8. /ITAR-TASS/. Russia has filed a note of protest with Austria regarding the desecration of the monument to Soviet warriors-liberators in Vienna, the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs stated on Thursday.

"Upon this fact, a protest note has been filed with the Federal Ministry of European and International Affairs with an insistent demand to the relevant Austrian authorities to take urgent measures and eliminate the damages at the memorial complex, establish and punish those guilty and prevent similar incidents in the future," the commentary says. "Taking into account the international legal liabilities of Vienna stipulated by the Treaty for the re-establishment of an independent and democratic Austria, signed in Vienna on the 15 May 1955 and the recurrent acts of vandalism, we urge again the Austrian authorities to take relevant measures for providing reliable protection of the memorial on Schwarzenbergplatz".
How the monument was desecrated

The monument to Soviet warrior-liberator in downtown Vienna has been desecrated overnight to Thursday.

Unidentified offenders have painted the Ukrainian flag on the granite cube before the stele, covering the plate with the monument's name and names of its authors.

The memorial, which several years ago was renovated by the Austrian authorities, has become target for vandals multiple times. The last time it happened in April 2012, when the monument was poured with red paint.

On Thursday, Austria celebrates the 69th anniversary of the end of World War II. Vienna was liberated by Soviet troops on April 13, 1945. Thus, the vandals, who painted the Ukrainian flag, have insulted over the memory of warriors of the Second and Third Ukrainian fronts, who participated in Vienna's liberation.

The monument at Schwarzenbergplatz:

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Syt

It's amusing how the Russians always get all huffy when a Soviet war memorial is vandalized. Yeah, sure, you removed the fascists. But it's not like you replaced it with something vastly superior.

That said I'm in favor of keeping the memorials for historical reasons and some of them are not too ugly.
—Stephen Jay Gould

DGuller

Quote from: derspiess on May 08, 2014, 09:48:10 AM
Soviet liberators :lol:
Actually, Austria is probably in unique position here.  The Soviets removed the Nazis from their lands without actually replacing them with themselves.  Of course, the extent to which Austria was an unwilling partner of Germany could be debated;  if it wasn't that unwilling, then it couldn't be "liberated" in the first place.

Viking

@syt - spray painting the ukrainian flag, a successor state of  the soviet union, on the memorial to the soldiers of the 2nd and 3rd ukrainina fronts might be considered fitting. Anyways Russia complaining about treaty from 1955 while ignoring the budapest memorandum from 1995 is chutzpah.

@DGuller - more complicated than that. All occupation zones were removed from austria on the condition that austria remain neutral and NOT part of germany. The alternative was partition like germany. In any case, the russians had already stolen every thing that could be stolen and raped everybody that could be raped.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Syt

"First victim of Hitler" was the official doctrine in Austria, and the Allies supported it. Austria saw much less de-nazification than Germany, and a lot of officials remained in place.

Also, Austria was still occupied until 1955, when it agreed to "everlasting neutrality" in exchange for a full return of its sovereignty. It was after the fall of the USSR that Austria could finally get into the EU (because the Soviets insisted that they should never, ever be in any form of alliance/union with Germany again).
—Stephen Jay Gould