News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Ukraine's European Revolution?

Started by Sheilbh, December 03, 2013, 07:39:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

That's an acceptable theory. Poor Italy.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

DGuller

Maybe it represents Portugal, using the old flag color scheme?  It would certainly explain the pig.  :hmm:

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: Valmy on May 07, 2014, 09:33:45 AM
Since when has a pig ever represented Finland?  Though I guess about as often as a rat skull has ever represented Japan.

Japanese as rodents was a big racist caricature during WWII.

Queequeg

Why is Austria hanging on to Israel's ear?
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

celedhring

Pretty sure they'd have slapped a star of David if that was meant to be Israel.

Syt

Quote from: Queequeg on May 07, 2014, 09:43:09 AM
Why is Austria hanging on to Israel's ear?

Considering the narrow white band it's probably Latvia.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Maladict

Quote from: Syt on May 07, 2014, 09:34:18 AM
A suggestion on EUOT is that the pig is Israel. I guess it would be the closest match for the colors, and the pig adding additional insult.

Israel is not in the G20. The only flag matching the colours is Argentina's.  :huh:

Syt

Quote from: Maladict on May 07, 2014, 09:50:43 AM
Quote from: Syt on May 07, 2014, 09:34:18 AM
A suggestion on EUOT is that the pig is Israel. I guess it would be the closest match for the colors, and the pig adding additional insult.

Israel is not in the G20. The only flag matching the colours is Argentina's.  :huh:

But Jews = money = holding G20 in its grip.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on May 07, 2014, 08:24:15 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on May 06, 2014, 05:06:15 PM
Quote from: derspiess on May 06, 2014, 04:59:07 PM
<cue Raz domestic terrorist rant>

I think they dug enough of a hole for themselves, don't you?

To a point.  Just maybe not as deep as you think.

Yeah, the human shields thing didn't make the conservatives run.  You'd think comments like that would bother them, but I suppose not.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Quote from: Syt on May 07, 2014, 09:25:26 AM
Comment on EUOT was that neither would attack the beast, because they'd be afraid to get stabbed in the back by the other one. :P

I'm not sure the Chinese are as interested in committing economic suicide as the Russians are.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Sheilbh

Quote from: Syt on May 07, 2014, 09:03:33 AM
Quote from: mongers on May 07, 2014, 08:49:44 AM
Does the pigs head on the far left represent The Netherlands ?

It seems none of the G20 (or G7) nations has such a flag, so no idea.
Canada? Looks like red and white.

QuoteWhat the hell are we and Japan supposed to be?
Evil? :mellow:
Let's bomb Russia!

Valmy

Quote from: Sheilbh on May 07, 2014, 12:05:50 PM
QuoteWhat the hell are we and Japan supposed to be?
Evil? :mellow:

Well that goes without saying.  Evil is in our subhuman monstrous nature.  I was referring to the artist's interpretation of our evil.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall