Quote from: Ed Anger on March 22, 2014, 08:30:27 PM
FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK

:bleeding:<-----Ed Anger for next week til Thursday/Friday
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 21, 2014, 11:41:18 PM
How?

Oh my God.  I could go on and on.  But I will let Bill Simmons do it for me:

QuoteIt's no secret that Texas has become my favorite college hoops team; my man-crush on Durant has reached the point that I should probably remain at least 100 yards away from him at all times. So I finally fall for a college hoops team, and just my luck ... they have a crappy coach! It's like my destiny in life to root for poorly coached basketball teams. The way Rick Barnes butchers this team on a game-to-game basis is unconscionable. Seriously, did you SEE Wednesday night's game? What was your favorite bad coaching moment? Acie Law being repeatedly allowed to shoot game-tying threes from his favorite spots on the floor? Durant going 4-5 straight possessions in OT without touching the ball? D.J. Augustin being allowed to recklessly drive to the hoop again and again when he's playing with the most unstoppable college scorer in 40 years?

I asked this question a few weeks ago, and I'm asking it again now: How can you not run more plays for Kevin Durant? Post him up and he has 27 different ways to score. Curl him off picks and he makes 15-footers like they're layups. Spread the floor out, let him handle the ball at the top of the key and he can pull up and swish 25-footers over anyone. THE GUY IS A SURE THING!!!!!!!! Why are they giving him a degree of difficulty? Do they have plays in their playbook called "Durant stands frozen 25 feet from the basket while other guys dribble aimlessly" and "half-assed pick-and-roll that leads to nothing" and "Durant posts up while the point guards stare him down, then reverse the ball the other way?"

I can't handle it. Watching Texas screw up the Durant Era is like watching a guy spend three straight hours buying drinks and working it with a girl who already announced, "Sure, I'll sleep with you." In other words, WHY ARE YOU MAKING THIS HARD????? Seriously, I feel like Barnes should resign. He's overmatched. He's Dubya-esque. It's a disgrace. They're going to get bounced from the NCAA Tournament this month solely because Barnes has no idea how to get Durant the ball ... and even worse, doesn't seem to feel any pressing need to get Durant the ball. And since Durant is a good teammate, and he's not one of those guys who would scream at a teammate, "Look, get out of my way and give me the f---ing ball," we get to watch him stand around in close games while opposing coaches think to themselves, "Phew, I'm glad Rick Barnes is over there."

There is a reason Texas had one of the best players in College Basketball history and exited in the round of 32.  But really you could just insert any decent shooter Texas has ever had for Durant there.  Barnes coaches defense, rebounding, team, and mental toughness but he will bungle offense big time.  He is clueless.  It is amazing the offensive talents he has squandered over the years.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Berkut

Gonzaga and then San Diego State.

Hmmm. Those are both rather dangerous teams...
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

alfred russel

Quote from: Berkut on March 22, 2014, 10:01:51 PM
Gonzaga and then San Diego State.

Hmmm. Those are both rather dangerous teams...

I am sure that everyone here is on pins and needles about my bracket....My bracket is basically busted. However, I have Arizona winning the championship, and since only one other person in my pool of 65 does that could redeem me.

Berkut, don't let me down on this.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

katmai

C'mon fighting Garbos ! Beat those Jayhawks.

Berkut

I may have over-estimated the danger Gonzaga represented.

0 rows returned

katmai

This was a down year for the Bulldogs I think.

Happy to see 3 Pac-12 teams still alive in final 16.

Eddie Teach

So Dayton beat Ohio St. by 1 and Syracuse by 2. Are they: Team of Destiny?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Grey Fox

The Arizona is the right Arizona to cheer for right, Berkut?

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

derspiess

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 23, 2014, 11:38:29 PM
So Dayton beat Ohio St. by 1 and Syracuse by 2. Are they: Team of Destiny?

They're the team of my friend whose name is Dusty, so sorta/almost.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 21, 2014, 09:58:38 PM
Polacks.  :rolleyes:

Seriously.  Get over yourselves and embrace the term.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Berkut

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 24, 2014, 07:17:44 AM

Indeed. The wrong Arizona to cheer for got ousted by Texas.

I am always torn on ASU in the tournament. I want the Pac-12 to do well, of course, but ASU? I cannot bring myself to be sad when they get punted.

0 rows returned

Grey Fox

Quote from: Berkut on March 24, 2014, 10:59:53 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on March 24, 2014, 07:17:44 AM

Indeed. The wrong Arizona to cheer for got ousted by Texas.

I am always torn on ASU in the tournament. I want the Pac-12 to do well, of course, but ASU? I cannot bring myself to be sad when they get punted.

Ok.

Good Luck.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

The Big 12 had a pretty rough first two rounds.

Only two left.  Bummer.  So much for making waves as a top basketball conference.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."