And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Hoops 2013

Started by PDH, November 09, 2013, 06:17:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Quote from: katmai on March 30, 2014, 06:17:16 PM
Adios Michigan

Michigan losing was sad.  Losing to Kentucky was salt in the wound.

grumbler

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 31, 2014, 11:32:30 AM

Michigan had the right game plan and executed it well.  Kentucky, the roughly-#250 three-point-shooting team beyond the arc, just had a magic day and hit 7 out of 11 threes (almost every one contested). That was a great game; it was like watching two old-style bare-knuckle fighters just whale on each other, each refusing to go down.

Thanks largely to Stauskas, this Michigan team was the most efficient offensive team of the KenPom era.  Gonna miss that guy.  Also going to miss senior Jordan Morgan, who finished the year with the highest-percentage hit rate for FG for a season (70% this year) and career (69%).  Not bad for a guy who will not see the pros (though, having two Michigan chemical engineering degrees, he probably didn't want to take the pay cut anyway).
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

derspiess

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 30, 2014, 06:34:58 PM
Wow, even though they're not traditional 7 or 8 seeds, I don't think many people saw this coming!

Save for nearly an entire state of obnoxious, entitled fans.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

crazy canuck

Quote from: grumbler on March 31, 2014, 12:02:21 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on March 31, 2014, 11:32:30 AM

Michigan had the right game plan and executed it well.  Kentucky, the roughly-#250 three-point-shooting team beyond the arc, just had a magic day and hit 7 out of 11 threes (almost every one contested). That was a great game; it was like watching two old-style bare-knuckle fighters just whale on each other, each refusing to go down.

Thanks largely to Stauskas, this Michigan team was the most efficient offensive team of the KenPom era.  Gonna miss that guy.  Also going to miss senior Jordan Morgan, who finished the year with the highest-percentage hit rate for FG for a season (70% this year) and career (69%).  Not bad for a guy who will not see the pros (though, having two Michigan chemical engineering degrees, he probably didn't want to take the pay cut anyway).

I agree with everything.

The second and third fouls Morgan picked up at the end of the first half and then the beginning of the second really hurt.  If he had been able to play more of the second half I think that would have made the difference.

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on March 31, 2014, 12:03:32 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 30, 2014, 06:34:58 PM
Wow, even though they're not traditional 7 or 8 seeds, I don't think many people saw this coming!

Save for nearly an entire state of obnoxious, entitled fans.

YOO KAY!

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

grumbler

Local Florida station doesn't have game film rights to the UF-Dayton game, but doesn't let that stop their coverage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvBYYp3BrLo
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

MadBurgerMaker

Soo UCONNs guards are fast as hell. 

derspiess

Hope that holds.  UK must be stopped. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

crazy canuck

Great game so far.  Hopefully UConn can up the tempo in the second half and blow Kentucky out of the gym.

Valmy

UConn doesn't do up tempo.  Though I guess that is not fair, Jim Calhoun isn't there anymore.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

crazy canuck

Quote from: Valmy on April 07, 2014, 09:13:13 PM
UConn doesn't do up tempo. 

Thats how they got the big lead in the first half  :secret:

Valmy

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 07, 2014, 09:14:16 PM
Quote from: Valmy on April 07, 2014, 09:13:13 PM
UConn doesn't do up tempo. 

Thats how they got the big lead in the first half  :secret:

Oh well I just turned it on and saw it was 35-31 and thought to myself 'typical UConn game'  which is certainly better than a typical Kentucky game.  I was not aware their 35 points was due to a torrid pace.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

sbr

Quote from: derspiess on April 07, 2014, 08:54:56 PM
Hope that holds.  UK must be stopped.

Here's hoping they don't give up the easy 30 foot left wing jumper to Harrison in the closing seconds.

Valmy

Quote from: sbr on April 07, 2014, 09:22:26 PM
Here's hoping they don't give up the easy 30 foot left wing jumper to Harrison in the closing seconds.

You should have seen me at the end of the Wisconsin game

'ok just don't let Harrison get it...not Harrison please...come on....NOOOOOOOO GOD SDLI#$@(*W$P(TYADOFHQErh'