News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Israel-Hamas War 2023

Started by Zanza, October 07, 2023, 04:56:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

He was rather happy that he Taliban ambassador called him "your excellency".
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Darth Wagtaros

That's why he gave them such a sweetheart deal on his withdrawal from the Stan.
PDH!

viper37

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on October 03, 2024, 05:46:31 PMKeep talking kid, when Trump is back he will set the Gazans straight and we won't have to hear this bullshit any longer.
The same way he's going set the Ukrainians straight?
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Darth Wagtaros

He's the bestest most amazing strongest bighanded guy ever and everyone outside the US has mad respect for him, unlike the demoncrats. He'll just be like, "Cut it out guys!" and they'll all submit to his Alphaness.
PDH!

Tamas

I am probably being paranoid but you go the Opinion section of the Guardian today, and to commemorate the 7th October attacks, the "Muslims are prosecuted in the UK because of Gaza" piece has more than twice the surface for its headline than the less Muslim-focused "we must get universal peace out of 7th October" piece tucked away in the shadow of the other one.

Gups

Why would anyone want to go to the opinion section of the Guardian?

garbon

Quote from: Gups on October 07, 2024, 10:35:22 AMWhy would anyone want to go to the opinion section of the Guardian?

To get some opinions?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

OttoVonBismarck

On today the anniversary of the brutal Gazan attack on Israel, reflect on the reality that Israel is defending the West against committed, evil, Muslim terrorists. There is no limit to the support they should receive, and we should sever relationships with any countries that side with the terrorists.

NATO countries that have "recognized the imagined State of Palestine" during the last year should be, as a matter of formal U.S. policy, proclaimed to be outside of the protections of mutual defense as it pertains to the U.S. military.

The Minsky Moment

I.e. two and half years into the Russian invasion of Ukraine, the US should aggressively undermine the viability and cohesion of the NATO alliance. 
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

crazy canuck

It is probably not wise for official US policy to further isolate Israel from the rest of the world.  The opposite is probably true for the long term viability of the state of Israel.

The Minsky Moment

One year in, the questions I would be asking if Israeli are: (1) what is the national security strategy and (2) are we safer now then we were on October 8?  I do not think I would find the answers to those questions to be very reassuring.

These hypothetical questions assume that I am a random Israeli citizen.  If I were a particular Israeli named Bibi Netanyahu I would find the indeterminate or negative answers to those questions very reassuring, as it means extending my time of power and avoiding accountability.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

viper37

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on October 07, 2024, 11:27:24 AMNATO countries that have "recognized the imagined State of Palestine" during the last year should be, as a matter of formal U.S. policy, proclaimed to be outside of the protections of mutual defense as it pertains to the U.S. military.
Do you genuinely love Putin or are you just prentending to be on your knees?
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Valmy

I think he is trolling us. I was a bit slow on the pickup.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

crazy canuck

Quote from: Valmy on October 07, 2024, 01:22:49 PMI think he is trolling us. I was a bit slow on the pickup.

I love that you are always a glass half full kind of person. :)

OttoVonBismarck

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on October 07, 2024, 11:50:21 AMI.e. two and half years into the Russian invasion of Ukraine, the US should aggressively undermine the viability and cohesion of the NATO alliance. 

Fuck NATO.