News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Israel-Hamas War 2023

Started by Zanza, October 07, 2023, 04:56:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: crazy canuck on October 07, 2024, 11:56:30 AMIt is probably not wise for official US policy to further isolate Israel from the rest of the world.  The opposite is probably true for the long term viability of the state of Israel.

I'm pretty sure the ccp will gladly pick em up as an ally for the tech benefits should the opportunity arise

grumbler

Quote from: Valmy on October 07, 2024, 01:22:49 PMI think he is trolling us. I was a bit slow on the pickup.

Trolling OvB sounds so much like perfectly serious OvB that it is, indeed, hard to tell when he is trolling.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on October 07, 2024, 02:10:05 PM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on October 07, 2024, 11:50:21 AMI.e. two and half years into the Russian invasion of Ukraine, the US should aggressively undermine the viability and cohesion of the NATO alliance. 

Fuck NATO.
Vatnik.

You are aware that you master's handlers are allies of Iran and thus hezbollah and Hamas?

OttoVonBismarck

I'm not pro-Putin, but I also think a lot of NATO members should be cut loose. France, Spain, Germany, Norway, Portugal, they really bring nothing to the alliance and are a dead weight loss. I would much prefer an alliance of countries actually committed to defending the West and its values--countries like Poland, the Baltic States, even most Balkan NATO members are more committed to NATO's core mission than the Western European Muslim countries.

Germany's only real value to NATO is as a place for military bases, and due to Germany starting and losing WWII, we would obviously keep our bases there whether we kicked them out of NATO or not, that is a price to pay for being serial war-losers and having no power to assert any of your own positions.

grumbler

"I'm not pro-Putin, I just repeat his talking points."
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

OttoVonBismarck

Putin certainly doesn't favor a strong alliance between Eastern European countries and the United States, so you seem confused.

grumbler

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on October 07, 2024, 05:41:12 PMPutin certainly doesn't favor a strong alliance between Eastern European countries and the United States, so you seem confused.

He favors anything that will weaken NATO, even substituting a pretend-alliance with some Eastern European countries.  Such a pretend-alliance wouldn't last long, since those Eastern European countries would just have seen demonstrated how fickle the US is regarding alliances.  They'd see a rapprochement with Russia as their only method of securing some level of liberty (and, hell, some of their political parties would welcome Moscow with open arms).

You seem to be confused about how international politics works when an idea can't be completely stated on a bumper sticker.

Bayraktar!

The Minsky Moment

Sure replace NATO with some "Little Entente" in eastern Europe.  What could possibly go wrong?
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Grey Fox

I still think that Israel is not that important to the western world order that we should tear it down because the current US government did not veto a motion at the  UNSC.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: grumbler on October 07, 2024, 04:50:16 PM"I'm not pro-Putin, I just repeat his talking points."

This,basically.
Xi must love you and your kind too: so selflessly doing the job of the enemies of the US yourselves.

Threviel

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 07, 2024, 06:55:35 PMI still think that Israel is not that important to the western world order that we should tear it down because the current US government did not veto a motion at the  UNSC.

No doubt the cohesion of the west would improve by the non-existence of Israel. I doubt that we would stomach the millions of dead/enslaved Israelis though.

OttoVonBismarck

Quote from: grumbler on October 07, 2024, 05:52:35 PM
Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on October 07, 2024, 05:41:12 PMPutin certainly doesn't favor a strong alliance between Eastern European countries and the United States, so you seem confused.

He favors anything that will weaken NATO, even substituting a pretend-alliance with some Eastern European countries.  Such a pretend-alliance wouldn't last long, since those Eastern European countries would just have seen demonstrated how fickle the US is regarding alliances.  They'd see a rapprochement with Russia as their only method of securing some level of liberty (and, hell, some of their political parties would welcome Moscow with open arms).

You seem to be confused about how international politics works when an idea can't be completely stated on a bumper sticker.

Western European countries won't lift a finger to do anything, they are entirely dead weight, useless entities in regards to NATO. They aren't a check on Russia.

garbon

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on October 08, 2024, 07:51:39 AM
Quote from: grumbler on October 07, 2024, 05:52:35 PM

Western European countries won't lift a finger to do anything, they are entirely dead weight, useless entities in regards to NATO. They aren't a check on Russia.

Wow. Now not even bothering to disguise the Trumpian talking points.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

OttoVonBismarck

Reflect for maybe a second that the entire reason Putin was in position to invade Ukraine is due to 20 years of German foreign policy which has massively enabled several prominent dictatorships in Germany's "business above all" foreign policy ethos.

That is a supposedly "core" NATO  member that has created more risk for the alliance's Russian-bordering members than any entity outside Russia itself.

Threviel

I would wager that the weakness of the US and their feebleness as an ally proved by the Trump presidency together with the dimwitted internal politics proved by your comments is a far far greater cause than German trade policy.