News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2024 US Presidential Elections Megathread

Started by Syt, May 25, 2023, 02:23:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Ah, I was mistaken about The Atlantic.

Then again you Americans might have a different view of what's Left or Right. I wonder where they stand on eating cats.

The Brain

My impression of The Atlantic is that it's more of a (high-status) notice board than a magazine with tight quality and agenda.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

Quote from: Valmy on September 17, 2024, 11:30:30 PMI was told the goose story came from a picture of a black city employee clearing road kill out of the road in Columbus, Ohio and had nothing really to do with Haitians or Springfield.

But rumors are flying around now.

Got to love the racism.
Really hope black groups seize on this. Both politically and for the potential humorous mocking that can be done by blaming photos of black people in innocent situations on immigrants doing something mad.
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 17, 2024, 11:15:47 PMOn the original goose story, I've seen different narratives about civic minded Haitians picking up road kill to keep streets clean and grabbing geese out of a lake to eat.  Both true?  Anyone know?

Do people hunt and eat geese?  Are they protected?
Especially as I seem to remember a couple of election cycles ago it was maybe Mike Huckabee who I think talked about eating squirrels and maybe roadkill. Fair to say what that is taken to signify looks to have flipped.
Let's bomb Russia!

Razgovory

Well, last month a photo circulated of RFK Jr. eating a dog.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Minsky Moment

Libertarian Party of New Hampshire official account posts a tweet encouraging Harris' murder.

Libertarian Party national presidential candidates tweets his condemnation. His tweet then fills up with comments lambasting him as weak and supporting the murder

https://x.com/ChaseForLiberty/status/1835477641517748462

The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Valmy

And people wonder why I never vote third party. All the third parties are not serious parties. None of them are actually serious about winning City Council Place 2 for Anyville, USA much less President.

Though even by the levels of party disfunction I normally associate with third parties that is impressive.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on September 18, 2024, 11:24:47 AMLibertarian Party of New Hampshire official account posts a tweet encouraging Harris' murder.

Libertarian Party national presidential candidates tweets his condemnation. His tweet then fills up with comments lambasting him as weak and supporting the murder

Libertarian party of New Hampshire took down their post, complained about the violation of free speech and said that Libertarians are the most persecuted minority.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

grumbler

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on September 18, 2024, 11:24:47 AMLibertarian Party of New Hampshire official account posts a tweet encouraging Harris' murder.

I love the guy who claims the right to engage in "ultimate forms of violence" because Kamala Harris might someday propose a mandatory buyback.

A mandatory buyback starts to look good when you consider it would take guns out of the hands of such irresponsible fucks.

Though libertarianism is generally just mutual masturbation, it does harbor some dangerous kooks.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

The Brain

Quote from: Razgovory on September 18, 2024, 11:40:17 AM

Libertarian party of New Hampshire took down their post, complained about the violation of free speech and said that Libertarians are the most persecuted minority.

Aren't they like the only minority in New Hampshire?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Valmy

Quote from: grumbler on September 18, 2024, 01:05:36 PMI love the guy who claims the right to engage in "ultimate forms of violence" because Kamala Harris might someday propose a mandatory buyback.

I don't think you have the right to engage in violence against people because of things they might do in the future. Especially things she has clearly stated her intention to not do.

But I clearly don't know all the rights a Libertarian claims to have.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Tamas

Electing a black man spun the racist half of America into a frenzy that culminated in Trump's election. Having them suffer the indignation of a black woman becoming Presidentay turn ugly.

Admiral Yi

Teamsters are endorsing neither candidate.

Tamas

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 18, 2024, 04:09:16 PMTeamsters are endorsing neither candidate.

Tough spot they are in. One is an imbecile the other is a woman.

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on September 18, 2024, 04:10:49 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 18, 2024, 04:09:16 PMTeamsters are endorsing neither candidate.

Tough spot they are in. One is an imbecile the other is a woman.

I think polling showed their members were trending for Trump.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.