News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2024 US Presidential Elections Megathread

Started by Syt, May 25, 2023, 02:23:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sophie Scholl

Vance is running circles around Walz so far. Ouch.  :(
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Sophie Scholl

Walz recovering while Vance is collapsing a bit. Also, the moderators cut both mics. They are running a remarkably great debate so far.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Valmy

Walz will get this. But he is just a simple country football coach going against a salesman shyster like Vance. Give him a bit.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Sophie Scholl

...I really, really wish that just what the Vice President does and what power(s) they have would be brought up. Vance (and Trump and so many more) seem to think that Vice President is apparently a dictator-esque position to pass anything they want and no one is calling them on the silliness of such claims.

DGuller

Quote from: Sophie Scholl on October 01, 2024, 09:11:44 PM...I really, really wish that just what the Vice President does and what power(s) they have would be brought up. Vance (and Trump and so many more) seem to think that Vice President is apparently a dictator-esque position to pass anything they want and no one is calling them on the silliness of such claims.
It could be a trap, designed to provoke "you know damn well a vice-president isn't doing anything" response.

Sophie Scholl

I mean, just call out Vance on why he's there and not Pence. What *is* one thing that Vice Presidents do and almost cost Pence his life by not following Trump's orders to not do?

Valmy

Minnesotans are just too nice for this shit I guess.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

DGuller

Poor Joe Biden, he's being erased from history Stalin-style during this debate.  At least Stalin was courteous enough to have you shot first.