News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2024 US Presidential Elections Megathread

Started by Syt, May 25, 2023, 02:23:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Quote from: DGuller on Today at 09:43:37 AMI think Vance won the debate by normalizing himself, which is unfortunate.
Yeah I think that might be. It's the risk of an attack line like "weird" it doesn't take much to nullify it (because, ultimately, you just need to appear not weird for a bit) and Vance "normalising" himself may well help do this.

I also saw a lot of very confident expectations online from people on the left about Walz. I think possible overconfidence from a stump speech and a few clips online.

It is still very close as Valmy says. Which is terrifying.
Let's bomb Russia!

Valmy

The tendency of some Democrat partisans online to overconfidence is just cope imo. They are hoping they can confidently state their preferred outcome into existence.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

DGuller

I think there is a tendency in general to so beat down the opponents that you can't help but get high on your own supply, to great detriment.  I think it played out with Ukraine, who have mocked the Russian army so much that they blundered into a a telegraphed counteroffensive with no air power.