News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

I've noticed many pubs are hybrid. You can use the qr code still or go to the bar.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

In the mid-19th century, 'Newcastle hospitality' referred the practice of not letting someone leave the room until they fell dead-drunk under the table
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

Quote from: Jacob on September 13, 2024, 06:29:13 PMI should've put "great" in quotation marks, I guess. But I've certainly heard a number of people claim that "Timmy's coffee used to be great and now it's not." But I don't know whether they assessment of coffee is actually correct.

Yeah I don't care. If I ever visit Canada and stay in one of your very famous and very over-priced hotels I will make sure to get Tim Hortons. The experience would just be insufficiently Canadian without it.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

Be sure to also visit a McDonalds to experience Wraps or even a real McChicken & other delicacies US McDonalds do not have.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on September 17, 2024, 10:07:59 AMBe sure to also visit a McDonalds to experience Wraps or even a real McChicken & other delicacies US McDonalds do not have.

What's different about a McChicken in Canada? :huh:

There was a time when my kids were younger I'd take them to McDonalds somewhat regularly to have a happy meal and then go play in the indoor playground - it was cheap food and they enjoyed it.  McDonalds had a meditteranean veggie wrap that I would get - it probably had a load of hidden calories but it made me feel pretty healthy eating it.  Sadly it's now discontinued.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

I believe the McChicken is different in UK. The mayo is sweet. :x
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Zanza

Most likely next German chancellor (election is in one year, but survey trends are fairly stable):

Syt

Didn't imagine that when Titanic had this article about him 24 years ago: https://www.titanic-magazin.de/heft/2000/april/gaertner-nagel-die-dunkle-seite-des-friedrich-merz/

"Sie nannten ihn Fotzen-Fritz" (that nickname has stuck with me for him all this time :D )
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Barrister on September 17, 2024, 10:19:38 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on September 17, 2024, 10:07:59 AMBe sure to also visit a McDonalds to experience Wraps or even a real McChicken & other delicacies US McDonalds do not have.

There was a time when my kids were younger I'd take them to McDonalds somewhat regularly to have a happy meal and then go play in the indoor playground - it was cheap food and they enjoyed it.  McDonalds had a meditteranean veggie wrap that I would get - it probably had a load of hidden calories but it made me feel pretty healthy eating it.  Sadly it's now discontinued.

Canada's McChicken is still a full size sandwich. The USA seems to only have a smaller junior version.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Sheilbh

Quote from: garbon on September 17, 2024, 10:22:10 AMI believe the McChicken is different in UK. The mayo is sweet. :x
Went down a rabbit hole on this. It's not mayo :lol:

The mayo one is apparently the Mayo Chicken :hmm:
Let's bomb Russia!

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on September 17, 2024, 11:23:47 AM
Quote from: Barrister on September 17, 2024, 10:19:38 AM

Canada's McChicken is still a full size sandwich. The USA seems to only have a smaller junior version.

Interesting.

I continue to maintain the only legitimately good thing that McDonald's makes is the Egg McMuffin, but if forced to eat at McDonalds later in the day my go-to is the McChicken.  It's tolerable.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Eh.

I don't know. Tim Hortons is just Canadian in a way that wraps at McDonalds aren't.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

garbon

Quote from: Sheilbh on September 17, 2024, 11:30:50 AM
Quote from: garbon on September 17, 2024, 10:22:10 AMI believe the McChicken is different in UK. The mayo is sweet. :x
Went down a rabbit hole on this. It's not mayo :lol:

The mayo one is apparently the Mayo Chicken :hmm:

That might explain why it is nasty.

Josquius

I once ordered a mcfish just to experiment.
It isn't good.
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

Quote from: Josquius on September 17, 2024, 01:52:12 PMI once ordered a mcfish just to experiment.
It isn't good.

Fish seems like a particularly bad thing to get for fastfood. At least of the franchise corporate type.