News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Most of you will know this, but for those who didn't - I just found how to change Siri's accent.  I changed it to Irish.

Grey Fox

Oh that's funny. Can it have non native English accents? I'd love to hear Siri speak English with a Spanish language accent.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Grey Fox on September 08, 2024, 12:49:46 PMOh that's funny. Can it have non native English accents? I'd love to hear Siri speak English with a Spanish language accent.

The only non native English is Indian. 

Go to settings - Siri and search - Siri  voice.

Tamas

Quote from: crazy canuck on September 09, 2024, 07:34:05 AMThe only non native English is Indian. 

Go to settings - Siri and search - Siri  voice.

That's racist.

Admiral Yi

Rereading Beevor's D-Day I learned that Leclerc, commander of the Free French 2eme Division Blindee, was a nom de guerre used to protect his family from German reprisals.

Anyone know his real name?

Oexmelin

Que le grand cric me croque !

Josquius

Did others have code names like Le Receptionist and Le Directeur?

Given how prominent he was surely it wouldn't have took a genius to know who he was?

Seems odd.
██████
██████
██████

Jacob

Quote from: Josquius on September 10, 2024, 06:15:59 PMDid others have code names like Le Receptionist and Le Directeur?

Given how prominent he was surely it wouldn't have took a genius to know who he was?

Seems odd.

Yi is a genius and he didn't even know who he was, even years afterwards. So obviously the ploy worked.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Josquius on September 10, 2024, 06:15:59 PMGiven how prominent he was surely it wouldn't have took a genius to know who he was?

You are the Gestapo agent assigned the task of determining his true identity.  How do you do it?

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Oexmelin

Leclerc is a common last name.

The Brain

The real Leclerc was in 'Allo 'Allo at the time.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 10, 2024, 06:29:20 PM
Quote from: Josquius on September 10, 2024, 06:15:59 PMGiven how prominent he was surely it wouldn't have took a genius to know who he was?

You are the Gestapo agent assigned the task of determining his true identity.  How do you do it?

Comparing photos seems the easiest way.
Also checking which generals were accounted for and which missing.
██████
██████
██████

Oexmelin

He was a captain, in the beginning of the war, IIRC.