News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Josq, have you visited Oshkosh?

When my kids where babies it was the destination for their cool clothes.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josquius

Quote from: Grey Fox on September 11, 2024, 03:10:57 PMJosq, have you visited Oshkosh?

When my kids where babies it was the destination for their cool clothes.

Never heard of it. Not sure it's a thing here.

Just come to mind. Frugi is the expensive as hell but colourful and good brand my gf buys second hand whenever she can.
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

Yeah organic baby clothes :lol: :blink:

Do the big clothes shops do kids clothes too? Uniqlo, H&M etc? God, are there Cos kids? :o
Let's bomb Russia!

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Sheilbh

The Twitter menswear guy has ruined me.

Buying a jumper and just spent about an hour down a rabbit hole about different wool blends :lol: :weep:
Let's bomb Russia!

Habbaku

Derek Guy is a national treasure. :wub:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Barrister

Quote from: Sheilbh on September 12, 2024, 04:14:24 PMThe Twitter menswear guy has ruined me.

Buying a jumper and just spent about an hour down a rabbit hole about different wool blends :lol: :weep:

Like I am 100% a bargain suit guy.  I'm sure meanswear guy would weep at the sight of me.  But I find his posts endlessly fascinating.

He can also be a downright savage at times.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Sheilbh

Oh he'd wipe me out. But I think he's great.

And I absolutely love the stuff about history and craft - which is why I'm now researching knitwear :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Barrister on September 12, 2024, 05:03:20 PMLike I am 100% a bargain suit guy.

Polyester?  :(

One thing that turned me off the civil service was the amount of polyester I saw during my internship at Commerce.

Tamas

Good job generating income for Elon Musk you guys and him.  :P

HVC

Looked him up. Derek Guy's Canadian. Sheilbh's maple leaf fascination continues :Canuck:

You should find a nice Canadian expat out there and settle down :D
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Syt

Only the finest breakfasts at Valencia airport:

(No timbits, having English muffin and a focaccia :P )
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

P.S.: Coffee was ok. Not special, but definitely not as bad as Canadian colleagues used to warn me about.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 12, 2024, 05:47:16 PM
Quote from: Barrister on September 12, 2024, 05:03:20 PMLike I am 100% a bargain suit guy.

Polyester?  :(

One thing that turned me off the civil service was the amount of polyester I saw during my internship at Commerce.

So the thing about the public service is you don't want to seem to well-dressed, because you'll inevitably get the "my taxes are paying for your fancy suit!".

Not poly suits, just cheap mass-made off-the-rack suits.  I tend to buy from Moore's, which is a Canadian subsidiary of Men's Warehouse.

Barrister

Quote from: Syt on September 13, 2024, 09:59:16 AMP.S.: Coffee was ok. Not special, but definitely not as bad as Canadian colleagues used to warn me about.

So I tend to get a Tim's coffee every morning on my way to work.

It's not great coffee to be sure.  I think even McDonald's has better coffee.

It is, however A: available everywhere,
B: gives me rewards points for more free coffee, and most importantly
C: is very flexible in terms of customizing.  My go to order is decaf, black, but 1/4 regular (I can't take the full blast caffeine).