News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Israel-Hamas War 2023

Started by Zanza, October 07, 2023, 04:56:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Razgovory on September 06, 2024, 08:47:00 AM?

Brief history of the formerly colonized areas of British India since 1947.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Josquius

Yeah...outside of the hard right in the sub-continent the partition of India is broadly recognised as having been not a good thing (tm).

And thats not even what the problem is in Palestine. Its that the Israelis aren't keeping to their part of the partition and continue to grab Palestinian land piece by piece.
██████
██████
██████

Razgovory

Quote from: Josquius on September 06, 2024, 08:52:42 AMYeah...outside of the hard right in the sub-continent the partition of India is broadly recognised as having been not a good thing (tm).

And thats not even what the problem is in Palestine. Its that the Israelis aren't keeping to their part of the partition and continue to grab Palestinian land piece by piece.
Uh, India does that now.  In Kashmir.  There aren't big protests over that.  Nobody is demanding the end of the Indian state or claiming that the people of India shouldn't exist.  At least not in the West.  No boycott, divest and sanction movement for Inda or you know, China.

And while I agree that the Israelis shouldn't be settling in the West bank, there should be some negative repercussions for continuing to wage war.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josquius

Quote from: Razgovory on September 06, 2024, 09:05:00 AM
Quote from: Josquius on September 06, 2024, 08:52:42 AMYeah...outside of the hard right in the sub-continent the partition of India is broadly recognised as having been not a good thing (tm).

Uh, India does that now.  In Kashmir.  There aren't big protests over that.  Nobody is demanding the end of the Indian state or claiming that the people of India shouldn't exist.  At least not in the West.  No boycott, divest and sanction movement for Inda or you know, China.
Pakistan and Bangladesh exist as full and viable independent countries too.
The two sides of the partition have learned to adapt to the new reality in the decades since that humanitarian catastrophe.
Israel won't allow Palestine to exist so that can't happen there.

And not Kashmir, that's quite the messy situation, but I seem to recall quite some shit going down not too long ago about Sikhs in Canada....

QuoteAnd while I agree that the Israelis shouldn't be settling in the West bank, there should be some negative repercussions for continuing to wage war.

Yet the US continues to do nothing about Israel. Hopefully after the election things will change- or better yet Israel starts behaving before then.

I've seen no evidence the Palestinian goatherd in the article was waging war against Israel.
██████
██████
██████

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Razgovory on September 06, 2024, 09:05:00 AMUh, India does that now.  In Kashmir.  There aren't big protests over that. 

There are, just not in the US.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Razgovory

There are like 19 fully independent and viable Arab states.  We must endure Jihad after Jihad before until we have 20?  Sorry, but I'm tired of Arab Nationalist and Islamic extremists.  Maybe I'd be a bit more sympathetic if the Afghan thing turned out better or we didn't see the rise of ISIS in Syria.  The US does plenty about Israel, but mostly they don't care.  Just like we do with India and China.  They don't care either.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Razgovory

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on September 06, 2024, 09:19:47 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on September 06, 2024, 09:05:00 AMUh, India does that now.  In Kashmir.  There aren't big protests over that. 

In Europe than (or then I don't know which ones to use here)

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on September 06, 2024, 09:27:31 AMThere are like 19 fully independent and viable Arab states.  We must endure Jihad after Jihad before until we have 20?  Sorry, but I'm tired of Arab Nationalist and Islamic extremists.  Maybe I'd be a bit more sympathetic if the Afghan thing turned out better or we didn't see the rise of ISIS in Syria.  The US does plenty about Israel, but mostly they don't care.  Just like we do with India and China.  They don't care either.

I mean it was decided way back in 1947 there would be a Palestinian State and it has been the policy of the United States to make that happen. That was part of the deal that created Israel in the first place. But yes I am extremely tired of this whole thing and I don't see any benefit of the US being involved and I find it unlikely we are ever going to get an outcome consistent with our goals.

And dear God, I wish we didn't care. Seems to me tons of Americans would be willing to sacrifice a ton because of this interminable conflict.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Josquius

Quote from: Razgovory on September 06, 2024, 09:27:31 AMThere are like 19 fully independent and viable Arab states.  We must endure Jihad after Jihad before until we have 20?  Sorry, but I'm tired of Arab Nationalist and Islamic extremists.  Maybe I'd be a bit more sympathetic if the Afghan thing turned out better or we didn't see the rise of ISIS in Syria.  The US does plenty about Israel, but mostly they don't care.  Just like we do with India and China.  They don't care either.

There are 44 European countries. Why not let Russia have Ukraine? What's one less matter?

Maybe if people stop putting their hands over their eyes and supporting the recruitment assistants for Islamic extemists you would't see as many of them...
██████
██████
██████

Razgovory

Quote from: Josquius on September 06, 2024, 09:32:58 AM

There are 44 European countries. Why not let Russia have Ukraine? What's one less matter?

Maybe if people stop putting their hands over their eyes and supporting the recruitment assistants for Islamic extemists you would't see as many of them...
Arab is an ethnic group, Europe is a continent.  I mean the obvious solution would have been to put the Arab refugees in the homes of the Jews the Arabs forced out.  But no, Arab racists couldn't sleep at night knowing that something as loathsome as a Jew beat them in war once.  And make no mistake, that was why the conflict kept going.  Arab Pride.

I absolutely agree that people should stop supporting the recruitment assistants of Islamic extremists.  Smash the antizionists!  Crush the Islamist recruiters.

Josquius

Quote from: Razgovory on September 06, 2024, 10:40:39 AM
Quote from: Josquius on September 06, 2024, 09:32:58 AM

Arab is an ethnic group, Europe is a continent. 

White is an ethnic group.  Europe is a continent because white people say it is, this isn't actually based on anything.
A quick google doesn't throw up any attempts to answer this at all and its a rabbit hole I don't care about going down but I'd strongly suspect Arabs are actually more diverse than white Europeans.

QuoteI mean the obvious solution would have been to put the Arab refugees in the homes of the Jews the Arabs forced out.
I mean, that's one solution.
How about following the more generally agreed solution and compensating the descendants of those who the Jews forced out?
How about just not continuing to force Arabs out?

QuoteBut no, Arab racists couldn't sleep at night knowing that something as loathsome as a Jew beat them in war once.  And make no mistake, that was why the conflict kept going.  Arab Pride.

OK Adolf.

QuoteI absolutely agree that people should stop supporting the recruitment assistants of Islamic extremists.  Smash the antizionists!  Crush the Islamist recruiters.
Do it then.
Stop blindly supporting Israel's actions.
██████
██████
██████

Razgovory

Again, I am not blindly supporting Israel's action, and again the Palestinians refuse to be compensated.  We've been over this before.

Also "white" isn't really an ethnic group or culture.  Arab is.  The Palestinians still have a pan-Arab ideology. Ask yourself, The Arabs almost all support the Palestinians and hate the Jew.  Why don't the Europeans all support the Israelis and hate the Arabs?

HVC

I mean if they set up state in Belgium and killed thousands of Belgians they might.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Barrister

Quote from: Razgovory on September 06, 2024, 09:28:17 AM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on September 06, 2024, 09:19:47 AM

In Europe than (or then I don't know which ones to use here)

In 2023 the Indian government killed Sikh-Canadian Hardeep Singh Najjar on Canadian soil. 

In 1985 Air India flight 182 was blown up by Sikh terrorists fighting for an Independent Sikh homeland as it flew from Montreal to India - 329 people lost their lives.

The Indian government accuses Canada of supporting sikh terrorists to this day.  Canada (sensitive to issues of self-determination of minority groups) says that merely endorsing an independent Khalistan doesn't make one a terrorist.  Relations are surprisingly frosty between the two nations.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Josquius

Quote from: Razgovory on September 06, 2024, 11:08:50 AMAgain, I am not blindly supporting Israel's action,

I mean...its pretty clear the Israelis are in the wrong here... Its even wrong according to their own laws and some seriously shady shit is going on to allow it...

Quoteand again the Palestinians refuse to be compensated.  We've been over this before.
Palestinian militant groups opposed the peace accords. The Palestinian government signed them. Were the Palestinians in line for compensation asked?
Does Hamas being a bunch of cocks mean doing the right thing is no longer the right thing?

QuoteAlso "white" isn't really an ethnic group or culture.  Arab is. 
Not really. Both are pretty artificial.

QuoteThe Palestinians still have a pan-Arab ideology.
Only as far as wanting help from their neighbouring countries goes.
Ask a Swede if he is Scandinavian and of course he'll agree. He'll say the Norwegians are basically Swedes doing a funny voice. Does this make Sweden and Norway less valid? If Sweden were to be conquered would be a case of nah, that's cool, they've still got Norway?

QuoteAsk yourself, The Arabs almost all support the Palestinians and hate the Jew. 
"The Jew" LOL. Listen to yourself man. One minute you're the guy seeing anti semites behind every curtain and then you say shit like this.

When the news is filled with children holding their dead siblings, crying in a language you can 80% understand, then it is bound to build just a tinsy bit of sympathy. Yet another reason Israel's actions really aren't wise.

QuoteWhy don't the Europeans all support the Israelis and hate the Arabs?
Morality, lessons from our own history, the past 80 years showing us that hasn't really gotten anywhere.
Though don't worry, there are a sizable number who very much do support the Israelis and hate the Arabs. The AfD, Reform UK, Rassemblement national, etc...
██████
██████
██████