News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2024 US Presidential Elections Megathread

Started by Syt, May 25, 2023, 02:23:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on July 04, 2024, 02:29:16 PMGore was a pretty well known Democrat Senator from a Southern State, he was considered fairly electable going into 2000.

Yeah I feel like Gore had a much more prominent role as VP than other contemporaries like Quayle - or even Biden.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Barrister on July 04, 2024, 05:16:07 PMYeah I feel like Gore had a much more prominent role as VP than other contemporaries like Quayle - or even Biden.

Besides the things I mentioned, can you name anything Gore is known for as VP?

OttoVonBismarck

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 04, 2024, 06:28:43 PMBesides the things I mentioned, can you name anything Gore is known for as VP?

VPs aren't known for things as VP, they are known for whatever happened during their President's administration. George H.W. wasn't running on his record as a Congressman from 20 years prior in '88, he was running as Ronald Reagan's VP, that is basically what a VP candidate is.

Gore had a more impressive pre-Vice Presidential political career than H.W., for what it is worth.

Jacob

I'd think one of the advantages of a well-known but blank slate candidate like Michelle Obama is that folks can project what they want on her.

Admiral Yi

She had that terrible line after Barak won about "for the first time in my I feel proud to be American." 

The Brain

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 05, 2024, 03:55:52 AMShe had that terrible line after Barak won about "for the first time in my I feel proud to be American." 

This is truly an event in my.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tamas

QuoteDuring an interview on Thursday with Philadelphia's WURD radio station, Biden defended his competency following his poor debate performance last week.

In the conversation, Biden at one point said, "By the way, I'm proud to be, as I said, the first vice-president, first black woman, to serve with a black president," referring to his vice-president, Kamala Harris, and former president Barack Obama.

He added, "I had a bad debate ... But 90 minutes on stage does not erase what I have done in three and a half years."

QuoteIn a fiery post on Truth Social, Donald Trump attacked ABC host George Stephanopoulos ahead of his interview with Joe Biden on Friday, saying:

The meanest and most vicious Interviewer out there is George Slopadopoulos of FAKE NEWS ABC, one of the worst and most vile Broadcasters in the business – In fact, the home of disgraced 'reporter' Brian Ross whose reporting on the Russia, Russia, Russia Hoax was so outlandish that ABC, after defending him at levels not seen before, was forced to put him, and their reputation, out to pasture.

Now ABC, and Liddle' George, a tiny, angry man, can make up for their past indiscretions and journalistic failures by doing a real interview with Crooked Joe, not a cut up promotion with only his few coherent answers released to the public.

What kind of a timeline I am in FFS?!

Valmy

It's not about you Joe. It is about the country. A true leader would drop out now.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

HVC

Quote from: Valmy on July 06, 2024, 02:03:37 PMIt's not about you Joe. It is about the country. A true leader would drop out now.

Countries fucked anyway, might as well enjoy the ride.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Valmy

I am pretty zen about it at this point, just stating the truth.

Besides, I live in Texas where insanity has been slowly amping up for awhile now.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Oexmelin

Quote"If you stay in and Trump is elected and everything you're warning about comes to pass, how will you feel in January?" Stephanopoulos asked Biden.

"I'll feel, as long as I gave it my all, and I did as good a job as I know I can do, that's what this is about," the president responded.

Indeed, what is truly important, is Biden's feelings of having given it a shot.
Que le grand cric me croque !

Caliga

Quote from: Valmy on July 06, 2024, 02:03:37 PMIt's not about you Joe. It is about the country. A true leader would drop out now.
Sorry to break it to you but only a huge narcissist would ever want to be POTUS.  That's why I would rather have a monarch for head of state.  You might get a crazy narcissist, but sometimes you might actually get a great leader (e.g. Liz II).  With an elected Presidency, you are GUARANTEED to get a crazy narcissist.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

Right? It's alright if you do a reckless thing that puts your country in danger, so long as you give it your best.

He talks as if he, Joe Biden, matters. Like he is the only person who can run in this election. The chosen one. You don't matter Joe. You are replaceable, and you should be replaced if you become a liability.

Razgovory

Quote from: HVC on July 06, 2024, 02:15:02 PM

That last Supreme Court ruling kinda knocked the wind out of my sails.  If Trump had better organized his fake electors plot, and it had gone the SC, I suspect they would have backed him.  Hell, if Trump decides he is owed a third term I imagine they will back him.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

viper37

Quote from: Razgovory on July 06, 2024, 06:08:46 PM
Quote from: HVC on July 06, 2024, 02:15:02 PM

That last Supreme Court ruling kinda knocked the wind out of my sails.  If Trump had better organized his fake electors plot, and it had gone the SC, I suspect they would have backed him.  Hell, if Trump decides he is owed a third term I imagine they will back him.
There's nothing to worry about.  You are over reacting.

What's the worst that could happen?  A Republican government changing the Constitution to get a better hold on power?  Declaring Democrats enemy of the States, seizing their homes and razing them to replace them with villages of loyal Republicans?

It would be for the better, as it was shown elsewhere in the world. :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.