News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Israel-Hamas War 2023

Started by Zanza, October 07, 2023, 04:56:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OttoVonBismarck

Yeah, the fact this was being reported 9 hours ago is incredibly suspicious:

QuoteIranian officials have spoken to two people on the same helicopter as President Ebrahim Raisi since it crashed Sunday, Iranian Vice President for Executive Affairs Mohsen Mansouri told the country's semi-official FARS news agency.

Because officials made contact "several times" with a passenger and member of the flight crew shortly after the crash, "It appears that the incident was not severe," Mansouri said.

That being said, I don't know what the motivation is for anyone within Iran to off Raisi. My understanding is unlike some former Presidents who did not have the best relationship with the Ayatollah, Raisi was his handpicked "man", he'd have had no reason to off him.

Jacob

To indulge in speculation... if the crash is the result of internal hostile action perhaps it could be the act of an internal faction that is in favour of Raisi's close relationship with the Ayatollah. I suppose that could either be someone who sees themselves in opposition to the Ayatollah, or someone who saw themselves as a rival to Raisi for the Ayatollah's favour.

Tamas

Who would have the power to conjure severe fog in the area? I think an accident is most likely, coupled with local officials initially not wanting to be seen incompetent/defeatist and lying that they had contact.

Tamas

Anyways, I guess if the mountain won't come to Ebrahim, then Ebrahim must go to the mountain.

Razgovory

I'm thinking accident, but there will be plenty of conspiracy theories.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

I mean taking a helicopter through the mountains in fog? I don't think you need the CIA/Mossad/Revolutionary Guard to make that dangerous.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

OttoVonBismarck

Looks like the hateful, illegitimate Pakistani prosecutor at the ICC has fully rendered that court an irrelevant and illegitimate body by applying for an arrest warrant against Netanyahu.

The fact that this "British" guy, who based on being Pakistani and Muslim is 100% certainly a hateful antisemite, is even in this position shows a failing of the West. People like him have absolutely no business in the halls of power in Western backed organizations.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

viper37

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on May 20, 2024, 08:50:15 AMLooks like the hateful, illegitimate Pakistani prosecutor at the ICC has fully rendered that court an irrelevant and illegitimate body by applying for an arrest warrant against Netanyahu.

The fact that this "British" guy, who based on being Pakistani and Muslim is 100% certainly a hateful antisemite, is even in this position shows a failing of the West. People like him have absolutely no business in the halls of power in Western backed organizations.
Of course.

You can't be a real British if you are Pakistani and Muslism.  Everyone knows that.

How many generations does it take before you are fully considered fully of one nation?  Is 6 generations enough or do you require more?  Do you consent to exemptions like your predecessors did?
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

OttoVonBismarck

Quote from: viper37 on May 20, 2024, 11:30:28 AM
Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on May 20, 2024, 08:50:15 AMLooks like the hateful, illegitimate Pakistani prosecutor at the ICC has fully rendered that court an irrelevant and illegitimate body by applying for an arrest warrant against Netanyahu.

Of course.

You can't be a real British if you are Pakistani and Muslism.  Everyone knows that.

How many generations does it take before you are fully considered fully of one nation?  Is 6 generations enough or do you require more?  Do you consent to exemptions like your predecessors did?

Probably enough that your brother isn't a sex offender and your family aren't "Caliphs" in some weird branch of Islam.

HVC

Not having a sex offender brother or leaders in a religion also disqualifies King Charles as a British citizen :contract: :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

OttoVonBismarck

While I wouldn't normally quote Lindsay Graham, if his allegations here are correct it shows manifest corruption and bias by the Pakistani ICC prosecutor:

QuoteThis outrageous decision is truly a slap in the face to the independent judiciary in Israel, which is renowned for their independence.

We must not forget as a nation the International Criminal Court threatened to bring action against American forces in Afghanistan – and we are a non-member.

I will be issuing a detailed statement regarding the outrageous actions by the ICC against the State of Israel and I will feverishly work with colleagues on both sides of the aisle in both chambers to levy damning sanctions against the ICC.

However, these are my initial thoughts.

Most importantly, I want the world to know that I, along with my Republican and Democrat colleagues, and members of the Administration engaged the ICC on this issue weeks ago.

We were told there would be discussions with Israel before any actions were taken. We stressed that the principle of "complementarity" should be applied in this case. Complementarity requires the ICC to let the nation in question's legal system move first before any action is taken by the Court.

Prosecutor Khan's team was supposed to be in Israel today to arrange a meeting for next week with the prosecutor's office about the allegations. I was told by ICC staff that the investigation would likely take months and not weeks, and that there would be meaningful consultation with the State of Israel.

Instead of the ICC following through with scheduled consultations with Israel, they announced the warrants.

I feel that I was lied to and that my colleagues were lied to. Prosecutor Khan is drunk with self-importance and has done a lot of damage to the peace process and to the ability to find a way forward.

Lying prosecutors never bring about just outcomes.

viper37

What have Israeli courts done against Bibi's grab for power?

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on May 20, 2024, 11:49:11 AM
Quote from: viper37 on May 20, 2024, 11:30:28 AM

Of course.

Probably enough that your brother isn't a sex offender and your family aren't "Caliphs" in some weird branch of Islam.
So, you are an Israeli citizen the moment you set foot in Israel, but you can never truly be a British national until your skin is white, you become Christian and your whole family is without sin?

Fantastic double standard here. :)

I'd swear I've seen that kind of standards somewhere before, in some States.

OttoVonBismarck

Khan's behavior shows his first allegiance is to his Islamist compeers, certainly not to the law, the norms of how the ICC operates, and sure as fuck not to Britain.