News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

Quote from: Jacob on December 01, 2023, 01:35:49 AM
Quote from: HVC on November 30, 2023, 11:24:02 PMAlso, Jacob I think you accidentally pinned this.

Uh... okay :huh:

In any case, I unpinned it.

got pinned right when you replied to sheilbh, or appeared so to me so I figured some weird accidental  pinning  :blush:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Josquius

We cancelled our south of Spain in March idea and will be going to Berlin for some days instead.
The plan is a few days there with the family then the family go to Switzerland for a long break whilst I return to work (old fashioned company with limited holiday allowance et al )
But....I can take a few days to get home...I've already seen much of what there is to see in Berlin and as nice as vibing there is I'm contemplating heading on to another place before going home.
One consideration is just going down to the Dusseldorf area, as thats where the connecting airport is, and nerding out over Wuppertal.
██████
██████
██████

HVC

Quote from: Josquius on December 01, 2023, 02:58:32 AM
Quote from: HVC on November 30, 2023, 11:30:35 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on November 30, 2023, 11:26:29 PMI think the horror stories are because they're so popular. I feel like I first heard of it with footballers - I want to say Rooney did his hair transplant in Turkey.

I feel for my folliclely challenged comrades in arms, but buzz or shaved is the way to go. The balding look migh not appeal to all, but it's 100 times better then a botched job.

Surely worth trying the transplant then if it looks shit you can just shave anyway?

There can be scaring and you throw out the buzz option. Maybe I just just hold the view because I have a blessedly round head :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: HVC on November 30, 2023, 08:40:49 AMSurprised brazil cares enough to intervene.

Looked at the map on Google. What's with all the dashed lines between Venezuela,  Guyana,  Suriname,  and French Guiana? All disputed borders?

Brazil, as in the times of the United Kingdom of Portugal, Brazil and Algarves should recover Guyane first.  :P

Josquius

Quote from: HVC on December 01, 2023, 04:00:56 AM
Quote from: Josquius on December 01, 2023, 02:58:32 AM
Quote from: HVC on November 30, 2023, 11:30:35 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on November 30, 2023, 11:26:29 PMI think the horror stories are because they're so popular. I feel like I first heard of it with footballers - I want to say Rooney did his hair transplant in Turkey.

I feel for my folliclely challenged comrades in arms, but buzz or shaved is the way to go. The balding look migh not appeal to all, but it's 100 times better then a botched job.

Surely worth trying the transplant then if it looks shit you can just shave anyway?

There can be scaring and you throw out the buzz option. Maybe I just just hold the view because I have a blessedly round head :P

True.

I'm paranoid of balding. Well. Less so now I've got a gf and kids and all that. But there was a phase some years ago where it terrified me. This would not suit me.
██████
██████
██████

Jacob

Quote from: HVC on December 01, 2023, 03:40:30 AMgot pinned right when you replied to sheilbh, or appeared so to me so I figured some weird accidental  pinning  :blush:

I'm pretty sure you're right  :lol:

... just not sure how I managed to do that :blush:

Tamas

A year or so ago due to a buzzcut incident I had my hair trimmed down to like 2 millimeters. I am not saying it was a great look but definitely not the disaster I envisioned. I am less worried about balding since then. But never was too worried, men in my immediate family didn't bald very dramatically.

Barrister

Quote from: Tamas on December 01, 2023, 11:49:17 AMA year or so ago due to a buzzcut incident I had my hair trimmed down to like 2 millimeters. I am not saying it was a great look but definitely not the disaster I envisioned. I am less worried about balding since then. But never was too worried, men in my immediate family didn't bald very dramatically.

I was convinced that I would be bald when I was this age, as my father is bald.

Turns out the old story that you get your hairline from your mother is true, as at age 48 I have a full head of hair, but am very grey, whereas my father is bald but even in his 70s his remaining hair is brown.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

DGuller

Once I went fully bald, I regretted not doing it 10 years earlier.  It feels like a big change to your appearance, but if you're thinking about it, it's probably not nearly as big of a change as you imagine it to be in the moment.

Barrister

Quote from: DGuller on December 01, 2023, 12:12:20 PMOnce I went fully bald, I regretted not doing it 10 years earlier.  It feels like a big change to your appearance, but if you're thinking about it, it's probably not nearly as big of a change as you imagine it to be in the moment.

At my age I don't think it's going to happen, but while it was something I worried about in my 20s I really wouldn't care if I went bald in the next few years now.  I doubt I would shave it (too much work) but keep any remaining hair close-trimmed?  Sure.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Maladict

It's happening, not sure I'll reach 50 without resorting to a very close trim.
I can tell from the rain, it feels different now there's less hair to cushion the impact.

Josquius

I've always had a high hair line and it's definitely gone back a bit, but it remains pretty thick otherwise.

I want to be one of those old guys with long white hair and a giant beard. You know. Wizards.
██████
██████
██████

celedhring

My hairline has receded quite a bit in the past few years, and I fear I'll have to make a choice before I'm 50.

garbon

Is this an old folks' home?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Iormlund