Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Admiral Yi

Totally awesome gom jabbar scene.

Admiral Yi

Admiral Yi

What a blue balls rip off ending.  :frusty:

Savonarola

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 06, 2023, 04:42:07 AMWhat a blue balls rip off ending.  :frusty:

That's only the first part (covering the first half of the book.)  The second part is being released later this month.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

celedhring

Quote from: Savonarola on October 06, 2023, 05:39:38 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 06, 2023, 04:42:07 AMWhat a blue balls rip off ending.  :frusty:

That's only the first part (covering the first half of the book.)  The second part is being released later this month.

It's not, it got delayed to 2024 because of the SAG strike

Darth Wagtaros

Hope they include him skinning Harkonnen to make his war drums.
PDH!

Tamas

Josquius

Quote from: celedhring on October 06, 2023, 05:53:46 AM

It's not, it got delayed to 2024 because of the SAG strike

News to me. I thought it was to be an Xmas release :(
██████
██████
██████

Josephus

I know that now, but at the time I didn't. I remember looking at my watch at one point, knowing there was only about 20 minutes left in the movie, and thinking "fuck, they have a lot of ground to cover still."
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

crazy canuck

Quote from: Josephus on October 06, 2023, 01:15:36 PM

I know that now, but at the time I didn't. I remember looking at my watch at one point, knowing there was only about 20 minutes left in the movie, and thinking "fuck, they have a lot of ground to cover still."

The movie starts out by saying it is part one. I think a lot of people just missed that.

Josquius

That is true though I must say I was surprised that it basically covered just Paul's time with the atredis. Adaptations tend to sprint through that bit.
Not that I'm complaining.
██████
██████
██████

viper37

'Hannibal' creator Bryan Fuller accused of sexual harassment and assault

QuoteBryan Fuller, a producer and writer behind shows such as "Hannibal" and "American Gods," has been accused in a lawsuit of sexually harassing and assaulting a colleague while working as a director on last year's docuseries "Queer for Fear."

Sam Wineman, a producer on the series, sued Fuller in Los Angeles Superior Court on Wednesday for sexual harassment, retaliation, emotional distress and other alleged workplace violations between 2020 and 2022. Wineman is also seeking damages from AMC Networks, Shudder, Steakhaus Productions and other potentially liable parties, claiming they ignored his concerns and enabled Fuller's behavior.

Wineman alleges that Fuller sexually assaulted him "several times," including once pressing his penis against Wineman's buttocks. The complaint also claims Fuller spoke of his genitalia and masturbation habits so often that it "became a running theme among employees."

[...]

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

I hadn't seen the news, but apparently the writers strike is almost over.
Celed can confirm, or not? 
WGA strike is almost over

Hopefully, the studios and the actors can solve their issues now and reach an agreement.  :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

celedhring

Quote from: viper37 on October 08, 2023, 01:34:38 PMI hadn't seen the news, but apparently the writers strike is almost over.
Celed can confirm, or not?
WGA strike is almost over

Hopefully, the studios and the actors can solve their issues now and reach an agreement.  :)

The strike finished last week.  :P

The actors' union and the studios have been engaged in talks this week, but no agreement yet. But they are talking.