Russo-Ukrainian War 2014-23 and Invasion

Started by mongers, August 06, 2014, 03:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

It's definitely Jackson Hinkle, there is a blue checkmark next to the name.

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Grey Fox

Quote from: Grey Fox on January 18, 2023, 08:55:26 PMIf the US was providing Abrams, Germany would fine another excuse to not let anyone send Leopards.

and the new excuse was found even before the US provided Abrams.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Quote from: mongers on January 20, 2023, 10:12:21 AM
Quote from: garbon on January 20, 2023, 09:40:28 AMWho?

Indeed.

Poor instructor was just trying to pass out the syllabus and some idiot starts shouting about Ukrainians being Nazis and Hunter Biden.

"Sir, this is a math class"
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

PDH

Quote from: Valmy on January 20, 2023, 01:26:07 PMPoor instructor was just trying to pass out the syllabus and some idiot starts shouting about Ukrainians being Nazis and Hunter Biden.

"Sir, this is a math class"

I had a student from Hong Kong stand up on the first day of class and shout out "The Chinese Communist Party is the greatest horror in human history!" then sit back down.

I always wondered what happened to him...
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

The Larch

Quote from: Josquius on January 20, 2023, 02:20:24 PM
Quote from: mongers on January 20, 2023, 10:12:21 AM
Quote from: garbon on January 20, 2023, 09:40:28 AMWho?

Indeed.

Most censored man on YouTube apparently  :lmfao:

And a massive shill for Putin, if one checks his Youtube videos (which are there, even though he claims to be super censored). He seems to have spent the last few months predicting Russia's inevitable victory, how Zelensky is basically the Antichrist and how Europe is just about to collapse any minute now.

grumbler

So, a man shouting at clouds.  SO what?  Why is this noteworthy?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Valmy

Quote from: grumbler on January 20, 2023, 02:49:00 PMSo, a man shouting at clouds.  SO what?  Why is this noteworthy?

Maybe he is one of Syt's relatives?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

grumbler

The post would only be noteworthy here if it was being entered in a "most punchable face" contest.  It would do well.

Also, does he expect us to not realize how obviously posed this picture is?  This isn't a "moments after" kind of picture at all.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Maladict

Quote from: Legbiter on January 20, 2023, 08:56:16 AMNow the Dutch are talking about supplying F-16's to Ukraine.  :showoff:

Probably conditional on the US sending F-35s.

Barrister

Quote from: Maladict on January 20, 2023, 04:36:02 PM
Quote from: Legbiter on January 20, 2023, 08:56:16 AMNow the Dutch are talking about supplying F-16's to Ukraine.  :showoff:

I checked - Netherlands only said they would be "open" to sending F-16s.

The Dutch are already flying 26 F-35s, with 18 more on order (according to Wiki).  The Dutch F-16s are probably due to be mothballed anyways as more F-35s become available, so I doubt any kind of quid pro quo like that is necessary.

That being said, all these kinds of military procurement deals seem to have conditions about transferring to third parties (see Leopard tanks), so the Netherlands would probably need US permission anyways.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Grey Fox

The Netherlands is always willing to deal military hardware it seems. Canada bought Leo2s off of them to give back to Germany.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Legbiter

Quote from: Grey Fox on January 20, 2023, 01:15:30 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on January 18, 2023, 08:55:26 PMIf the US was providing Abrams, Germany would fine another excuse to not let anyone send Leopards.

and the new excuse was found even before the US provided Abrams.

There will be a workaround devised within NATO. :hmm:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Maladict

Quote from: Barrister on January 20, 2023, 04:42:17 PM
Quote from: Maladict on January 20, 2023, 04:36:02 PM

I checked - Netherlands only said they would be "open" to sending F-16s.

I was being sarcastic. They've said it would be a step beyond sending tanks, so that doesn't bode well. Since we sold all our tanks and are now leasing some from Germany, I guess we're sending those first. :lol:

Quote from: Grey Fox on January 20, 2023, 05:00:43 PMThe Netherlands is always willing to deal military hardware it seems. Canada bought Leo2s off of them to give back to Germany.

We nearly sold them to Indonesia, so yeah  :rolleyes: