Russo-Ukrainian War 2014-23 and Invasion

Started by mongers, August 06, 2014, 03:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Legbiter

Big explosions and fires tonight in Bryansk at a oil depot plus a refinery. Ukrainians busy tonight.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

11B4V

Quote from: Legbiter on April 24, 2022, 08:26:53 PMBig explosions and fires tonight in Bryansk at a oil depot plus a refinery. Ukrainians busy tonight.

That's a shame... :lol:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

PDH

Hey, don't underestimate the Russian ability to fuck up and have a massive industrial accident on their own!
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Malthus

An interesting article on the Jewish perspective inside Ukraine:

https://www.politico.eu/article/in-the-face-of-war-ukraine-jews-embrace-a-dual-identity/

Anecdotally, this rings true to me from what I know.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

I expect conservative outrage about Lloyd Austin not wearing a flag pin on his lapel. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Zanza

Closed suits without tie looks strange somehow.

Josquius

The guy on the left in particular looks like he's just thrown on the jacket for some random reason.
██████
██████
██████

grumbler

Quote from: Josquius on April 25, 2022, 06:05:23 AMThe guy on the left in particular looks like he's just thrown on the jacket for some random reason.

That's the US SecDef, and he needs a new tailor.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

DGuller

Am I ignorant of how expensive suits should look like, or does Blinken's suit look like he packed it into a small plastic shopping back for travel, and unpacked it five minutes before this shot?

celedhring

Quote from: Zanza on April 25, 2022, 05:36:03 AMClosed suits without tie looks strange somehow.

It's a weird look for this kind of meeting. I guess that since the other guys were all wearing green fatigues they felt that they had to dress down a little, but it doesn't work too well.

Admiral Yi

Barrister

Quote from: Josquius on April 23, 2022, 12:40:20 PMOur conservatives led large military cut backs including withdrawing the last navy ship from the soft Atlantic and completely ignoring intelligence of a likely argentine invasion. So....

But it wasn't the military part I find daft. It's that the left are the ones only concerned with their image.

Ignore that he called out "the left", and realize he's talking about Justin Trudeau.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Jacob

Quote from: Barrister on April 25, 2022, 11:19:07 AMIgnore that he called out "the left", and realize he's talking about Justin Trudeau.

That's missing Josq's point - that plenty of folks on the right (and in the centre) who are primarily concerned with image.