Russo-Ukrainian War 2014-23 and Invasion

Started by mongers, August 06, 2014, 03:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Ukrainians reported yesterday that the hit a major command center with 50 officers inside.  Today they're reporting that two generals are dead and one critically injured, though they're not named yet.  Ukrainians have been smart to not over-promise and under-deliver so far, so hopefully they have the right intel.

Legbiter

Quote from: DGuller on April 23, 2022, 03:03:57 PMToday they're reporting that two generals are dead and one critically injured, though they're not named yet.

Ok, now they're just showing off.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Legbiter

Quote from: Zoupa on April 22, 2022, 10:59:36 PMWe sent 4.

Apparently that's 10% of our arsenal.

What a joke.

Never mind the artillery platforms, Canada sent the Ukrainians Excalibur artillery shells that can take out Russian c&c 25 miles away.  :hmm: And voilá, the Ukrainians add 2 more Russian generals to the pile.

Syt

So Germany ok'ed (finally) the export of a bunch of old Marder APCs (sexy, sexy, Marders :wub: ) ... but the ammo for those is Made in Switzerland, and the mountain dwarves have apparently vetoed the re-export now.  :rolleyes:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Threviel

Aha, so that's why the krauts can send them... Probably conveniently forgetting their own ammunition stockpiles...

Admiral Yi

If the Swiss sold that stockpile with an end-use agreement they would need to OK the transfer.

Threviel

Ahh, even better. The krauts can seem to help, but actually not help. Perfect for them.

Admiral Yi

I would hate to accuse Germany of bad faith without some actual evidence.

Malthus

Quote from: Legbiter on April 24, 2022, 06:55:53 AM

What a joke.

Never mind the artillery platforms, Canada sent the Ukrainians Excalibur artillery shells that can take out Russian c&c 25 miles away.  :hmm: And voilá, the Ukrainians add 2 more Russian generals to the pile.

I wonder if killing Russian generals is actually helping.

I mean, given the overall competence shown by the Russian command so far, maybe it is better to keep them alive ...
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

The Brain

Quote from: Malthus on April 24, 2022, 08:44:05 AM
Quote from: Legbiter on April 24, 2022, 06:55:53 AM

What a joke.

I wonder if killing Russian generals is actually helping.

I mean, given the overall competence shown by the Russian command so far, maybe it is better to keep them alive ...

The replacements are likely to be even worse. The last thing Putin wants right now is generals who don't owe him everything.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

Quote from: Syt on April 24, 2022, 07:06:26 AMSo Germany ok'ed (finally) the export of a bunch of old Marder APCs (sexy, sexy, Marders :wub: ) ... but the ammo for those is Made in Switzerland, and the mountain dwarves have apparently vetoed the re-export now.  :rolleyes:

Quite surprised tbh. Switzerland has been very unneutral so far in this war..
Hopefully just red tape they can clear up soon
██████
██████
██████

Legbiter

Quote from: Malthus on April 24, 2022, 08:44:05 AMI wonder if killing Russian generals is actually helping.

:menace:  :lol:

The combat intensity seems to be increasing in the last few days...from the Ukrainian side. They're claiming 400-500 Russian casualties per day now (grain of salt). Ukrainians at this rate go on the offensive in a months' time.

Grey Fox

Killing Generals is always a good thing. Keep the hierarchy from learning any lessons.

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Legbiter

Yeah Russian generals seem to be doing the job a colonel would do in NATO armies (unfucking a situation at or close to the front).

11B4V

Quote from: DGuller on April 23, 2022, 03:03:57 PMUkrainians reported yesterday that the hit a major command center with 50 officers inside.  Today they're reporting that two generals are dead and one critically injured, though they're not named yet.  Ukrainians have been smart to not over-promise and under-deliver so far, so hopefully they have the right intel.

Two more general officers taking dirt naps.  :nelson:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".