News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Coronavirus Sars-CoV-2/Covid-19 Megathread

Started by Syt, January 18, 2020, 09:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

merithyn

It seems that I'm now eligible for the fourth booster, but I'm at the point of trying to decide if it's worth it? Yes, yes, I know herd immunity and all that, but I don't relish the idea of getting a booster three times a year. Probably COVID exhaustion on some level.

Given that I'll be traveling a lot over the next few weeks, I will probably get it. Mexico at the end of April, Portland mid-May, Philadelphia/DC in June, Pittsburgh in July. *sighs* This being responsible shit sucks sometimes. :mad:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

garbon

Quote from: merithyn on March 30, 2022, 11:34:29 AMIt seems that I'm now eligible for the fourth booster, but I'm at the point of trying to decide if it's worth it? Yes, yes, I know herd immunity and all that, but I don't relish the idea of getting a booster three times a year. Probably COVID exhaustion on some level.

Seems better than getting full fat COVID. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: viper37 on March 30, 2022, 10:44:39 AM
Quote from: garbon on March 30, 2022, 08:42:42 AMWtf, covid. Why am I starting to get bits of a cough now while testing negative? :angry:
It may not be covid.  Could be cold or the flu.

Late for the season flu has been quite strong over here.

merithyn

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 30, 2022, 11:39:40 AMWhat is the down side?

To date, I've gotten sick with each shot. Fever, stomach upset, exhaustion, etc. :(

merithyn

Quote from: garbon on March 30, 2022, 11:49:24 AM
Quote from: merithyn on March 30, 2022, 11:34:29 AMIt seems that I'm now eligible for the fourth booster, but I'm at the point of trying to decide if it's worth it? Yes, yes, I know herd immunity and all that, but I don't relish the idea of getting a booster three times a year. Probably COVID exhaustion on some level.

Seems better than getting full fat COVID. :D

Of course it is. And I'll get the shot as soon as it's fully available (supposed to be Friday). I think I'm more just whinging. :P

viper37

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 30, 2022, 11:39:40 AMWhat is the down side?
90% probability of getting really sick and having a sore arm for 3 days assuredly vs 5% chances of getting sick for 5 days with paid leave.

Hard choice... Given the current policies at my job, I'm better off getting covid than the jab ;)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

merithyn

Quote from: viper37 on March 30, 2022, 02:41:17 PM90% probability of getting really sick and having a sore arm for 3 days assuredly vs 5% chances of getting sick for 5 days with paid leave.

Hard choice... Given the current policies at my job, I'm better off getting covid than the jab ;)

I hit at least three of the comorbidities, so I'm not sure it's only 5% chance of getting sick for a few days in my case. At least I'm no longer in the "obese" category, but the diabetes, high blood pressure, and asthma make me pretty at risk for a worse-than-average response. Which is why I'll take the jab. Plus the whole herd immunity thing.

viper37

Quote from: merithyn on March 30, 2022, 03:15:24 PM
Quote from: viper37 on March 30, 2022, 02:41:17 PM90% probability of getting really sick and having a sore arm for 3 days assuredly vs 5% chances of getting sick for 5 days with paid leave.

I hit at least three of the comorbidities, so I'm not sure it's only 5% chance of getting sick for a few days in my case. At least I'm no longer in the "obese" category, but the diabetes, high blood pressure, and asthma make me pretty at risk for a worse-than-average response. Which is why I'll take the jab. Plus the whole herd immunity thing.
I have nothing against the vaccine, I have had my 3 doses.  I am hesitant to go for the 4th one because it is not specifically tailored to the Omicron variants, and as such, herd immunity will be difficult to achieve.  But it seems to be taking a lot longer than expected to get a new vaccine out, so I'll likely end up getting it too. :(

I wonder if I'll have a boost of energy or if I'll be going to hell.

Jacob

Quote from: merithyn on March 30, 2022, 02:27:46 PMOf course it is. And I'll get the shot as soon as it's fully available (supposed to be Friday). I think I'm more just whinging. :P

As is your right :hug:

11B4V

I'll get my 4th Trump vaccine in a couple weeks.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Valmy

I will probably just get another one when I go to get my flu shot in September.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Sheilbh

Two negative tests in a row :w00t: And on days 10 and 11 which is nice.

Weirdly I still have some cold-y symptoms like a tickly cough and blocked nose etc but I assume that must be something else (plus I remember being told by someone that blocked nose is not a covid symptom so that makes sense).
Let's bomb Russia!

garbon

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 01, 2022, 07:40:56 AMTwo negative tests in a row :w00t: And on days 10 and 11 which is nice.

Weirdly I still have some cold-y symptoms like a tickly cough and blocked nose etc but I assume that must be something else (plus I remember being told by someone that blocked nose is not a covid symptom so that makes sense).

I still have a cough and have been homebound so feel like can't be anything else though I've also been testing negative.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.