Coronavirus Sars-CoV-2/Covid-19 Megathread

Started by Syt, January 18, 2020, 09:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 21, 2022, 07:33:00 PMListened to an NPR piece on HK/China and covid.

HK has the highest death rate in the world right now.

It's a variant of omicron that's more contagious, but not more severe.

This variant accounts for 30% of new cases in NY, Jersey, and New England.

Something about places (in China, HK?) running out of coffins.

Yes it's bad, I mentioned the situation a few days ago further up the thread.

The old people who are mainly dying have an overall very low vaccination rate as compared to the West. My reading between the lines take is that a vaccination free for all, meant the young and/or connected generations barged to the head of the queue, something Mono might well have approved of?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

viper37

Quote from: Josquius on March 16, 2022, 05:01:04 AM
Quote from: viper37 on March 15, 2022, 06:37:46 PM
Quote from: Josquius on March 15, 2022, 05:19:01 AMSo... Just when everyone thought it was over it looks like another bad wave could be on the way.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/covid-omicron-deltacron-ba2-measles-b2035093.html
can't see the rest.  What does it say about vaccine protection from this one?

Didnt spot any numbers but seems to be the evasivness of delta with the actual risk of omicron.
not terribly dangerous, then.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Sheilbh

Would not recommend covid <_<

Day 3 and while I'm definitely getting better, for me it has been an unpleasnat coldy/flu-y thing. I am incredibly jealous of all the people I know who got covid at some point and then had no symptoms or just had sniffles for a day :lol: <_<

On the upside I assume that with actual covid antibodies, plus three shots I will now be super-immune.
Let's bomb Russia!

Tamas

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 23, 2022, 06:11:00 AMWould not recommend covid <_<

Day 3 and while I'm definitely getting better, for me it has been an unpleasnat coldy/flu-y thing. I am incredibly jealous of all the people I know who got covid at some point and then had no symptoms or just had sniffles for a day :lol: <_<

On the upside I assume that with actual covid antibodies, plus three shots I will now be super-immune.

IDK what I have, I don't want to waste our last few free later flow test kits. :P It is unpleasant because of the kind of exhaustion and slight muscle ache over-37 temperature always seem to give me, plus a bit of throat scratching. Far from pleasant but realistically not a big deal, especially if I am right and it IS covid. Hope you and garbon will get better soon.

How is your wife, RH?

garbon

We just re-upped on laterflow kits so we've an additional 14 tests. Might order some more right before deadline. ;)

What you have sounds maps right on to the symptoms that I have been having since our group corona party.

I'm not nearly 100% but have been able to resume work today.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Richard Hakluyt

Wife is still working (at home obvs) and merely says she is a bit tired; she still gets a really strong result on her tests.

I'm testing as well but still get negative results. I'm assuming I must have had an asymptomatic case some time in the recent past.

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on March 23, 2022, 07:23:43 AMWe just re-upped on laterflow kits so we've an additional 14 tests. Might order some more right before deadline. ;)

What you have sounds maps right on to the symptoms that I have been having since our group corona party.

I am being told by the webpage there ain't no test kits left to order. :P

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on March 23, 2022, 07:50:45 AM
Quote from: garbon on March 23, 2022, 07:23:43 AMWe just re-upped on laterflow kits so we've an additional 14 tests. Might order some more right before deadline. ;)

I am being told by the webpage there ain't no test kits left to order. :P

I just logged in with NHS details on this site and told me I could order? Well I got as far as place order button and then didn't select given I don't need them yet.

https://www.gov.uk/order-coronavirus-rapid-lateral-flow-tests
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

One thing I did not do is order a PCR test as guidance seemed to be that I shouldn't do that as standard anymore though just looking now found a different page that says I should be requesting...

Tamas

Yeah once you click place order you are told there isn't any.

Sheilbh

It is crazy how many people I know - friends, work people etc - who have caught it in the last two weeks.

It really feels like it's mopping up all those people like me who were getting a little smug at not having had it :lol: :(

It's also really weird being back basically in full first lockdown style lockdown - excellently timed to coincide with a bout of nice weather <_< I'm starting to feel like Bart when he breaks his leg.
Let's bomb Russia!

mongers

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 23, 2022, 08:17:09 AMIt is crazy how many people I know - friends, work people etc - who have caught it in the last two weeks.

It really feels like it's mopping up all those people like me who were getting a little smug at not having had it :lol: :(

It's also really weird being back basically in full first lockdown style lockdown - excellently timed to coincide with a bout of nice weather <_< I'm starting to feel like Bart when he breaks his leg.

I had planned a lot of travelling by trains over the next two weeks, but given the infection rates I'd be bound to catch it, so have now cancelled.

I may look to travel in the two weeks after Easter, during the inevitable bad weather.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 23, 2022, 08:17:09 AMIt is crazy how many people I know - friends, work people etc - who have caught it in the last two weeks.

Maquereau, trying to get reelected, removed most restrictions, contrary to the opinion of experts.
So consider yourself happy with Bojo's sense of responsability. :P

CountDeMoney

Sister has it, tested positive after flying back from spring break with the girls in Ireland on Sunday.  Feels like crap, but sounds better than she was.