Coronavirus Sars-CoV-2/Covid-19 Megathread

Started by Syt, January 18, 2020, 09:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Sorry, I just saw this Agelastus. Sorry for your loss.

And fuck COVID. :(
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Admiral Yi

I went unmasked yesterday for the first time at the supermercado.

Tamas

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 14, 2022, 07:19:15 AMI went unmasked yesterday for the first time at the supermercado.

A week ago I was running a number of errands, entering multiple shops without a mask. It was weird.

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on March 14, 2022, 07:44:07 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 14, 2022, 07:19:15 AMI went unmasked yesterday for the first time at the supermercado.

A week ago I was running a number of errands, entering multiple shops without a mask. It was weird.

I've not done anything like that and note cases are once again on the rise.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grey Fox

I went to a restaurant yesterday, obviously was mask less to eat while sitting.

Tomorrow, my children will be able to take their masks off when sitting at their desk in their classroom.

Our universal mask policy should end in about 3 weeks if the plan remains the same.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

crazy canuck

Ours ended last week.  Some people are still wearing masks - including me.  Nobody has given me a hard time about it.  Some even do me the courtesy of putting on a mask when talking to me.

Legbiter

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 14, 2022, 08:31:33 AMTomorrow, my children will be able to take their masks off when sitting at their desk in their classroom.

We never masked schoolchildren during the pandemic. Weird policy. :hmm:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

crazy canuck

Jacob

I told my boy the other day that after spring break he didn't have to wear masks in school if he didn't want to. He asked me why. I told him something like "I guess they think Covid is less of a danger now than it was, so they think it's okay." I also told him it was up to him if he wanted to keep wearing his mask. He said he was definitely going to. That said, I think it comes down to what his peers do.

For my part I haven't really changed my mask habits.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Legbiter on March 14, 2022, 09:32:43 AMWe never masked schoolchildren during the pandemic. Weird policy. :hmm:
I think it was broadly limited everywhere in Europe - mainly to high schools if anywhere. The divergence between North America and Europe on schools and kids in general is really striking. I don't know what caused it (apart from the general - everywhere did this as if they were alone in doing it and there seemed a depressing lack of learning from each other :().

QuoteFor my part I haven't really changed my mask habits.
I have but this is largely because I'm like a child - such as your son - and very susceptible to what people do around me :blush: If they're generally masked or I can see masekd people in my eyeline I mask up, if not then I don't.
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Josephus

We end our mask madate on Monday. I will probably still wear one in situations when I'm around many others indoors.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Grey Fox on February 10, 2022, 10:46:13 AMWhy is it so bad?

We should extend legal requirements to isolate to other infectious disease.

Showingupism is such a plague.
Completely agree
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

viper37

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 12, 2022, 09:01:47 AMOnly real pisser was I couldn't bring home the Colt M4 5.56mm carbine I purchased as a going away present, since it's illegal in Maryland. 
I would have offered to keep for you, until you moved in some free State, but sadly, I live in a fascist country that outlaws such things for untrained people like me :(

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 14, 2022, 08:31:33 AMI went to a restaurant yesterday, obviously was mask less to eat while sitting.

Tomorrow, my children will be able to take their masks off when sitting at their desk in their classroom.

Our universal mask policy should end in about 3 weeks if the plan remains the same.
they should have cancelled the masks before the vaccine mandate.  It makes way more sense.  Cases are gonna rise here too, I guess.  Hopefully, it'll be a mild wave of mild cases.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.