News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard Hakluyt

Jolly good, I shall look out for them, I'm visiting London later this month  :cool:

Now Manchester, the problem there is I always end up going to Liverpool instead.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on March 09, 2022, 01:01:45 PMNow Manchester, the problem there is I always end up going to Liverpool instead.
Well that's just having good taste :)
Let's bomb Russia!

Maladict

There are a couple of those in my town:

And our beloved Nijntje:

And some weird shit down south

Oexmelin

Nijntje!  :wub:

(Though my 5 y.o. self knew her as Miffy in French)
Que le grand cric me croque !

Richard Hakluyt

Yes, Miffy in England too  :cool:

Josquius

Korea looks to do elections rather differently.

https://youtu.be/-fHymWCcuTA
██████
██████
██████

celedhring

Quote from: Tyr on March 10, 2022, 03:43:16 AMKorea looks to do elections rather differently.

https://youtu.be/-fHymWCcuTA

The Mad Max theme is weird (or maybe prophetic  :huh: ).

Admiral Yi

It was one of the mumblier NPR dudes so don't quote me on this, but I think Jessie Smollet got 15 days in the can and 30 months probation.

grumbler

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 10, 2022, 08:11:26 PMIt was one of the mumblier NPR dudes so don't quote me on this, but I think Jessie Smollet got 15 days in the can and 30 months probation.

150 days.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

HVC

Should have gotten much more. He's still denying it. Also, had a weird break down where he kept yelling he's not suicidal as he was dragged away after the verdict.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Barrister

So I've been doing Wordle along with Mrs B.  Spoilers if you're also playing.

Wordle 265 X/6

⬜⬜⬜🟩⬜
⬜🟨🟨⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩

I failed.  I've hit this once before, where you hit on 4 letters, but the fifth latter has multiple possibilities.  In this case I tried match, hatch, and latch.  Turns out the word was watch, but batch, patch and catch would have also worked, so that's seven possibilities right there, and you only get 6 guesses.

It's not as good, but I've also been playing the Wordle-inspired game Globle:

🌎 Mar 11, 2022 🌍
Today's guesses: 5
Current streak: 1
Average guesses: 7

https://globle-game.com

Like I said, not as good because it's not as shareable.  It's a game where you try to guess the country, and it gives kind of a hot or cold answer - when you type in a country it light up on the globe, and the closer you are the darker in colour the country you type is.

So I go with Nepal - stone cold.  Then Panama, also cold, then France - still ice cold.

So... maybe somewhere in the Pacific?

So I pick the most obscure country in the pacific I can think of - Nauru.  Bam - that's it.  But otherwise, I could have spent ages guessing on obscure pacific island states.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Eddie Teach

Ah, so it's Jotto under a new name.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Barrister

Quote from: Eddie Teach on March 11, 2022, 01:26:22 PMAh, so it's Jotto under a new name.

Never heard of it, but googling suggests it's pretty similar.  I've usually heard it compared to Mastermind.

It's the once-per-day, and shareable nature of it that makes it interesting though.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Richard Hakluyt

Beeb...the seven possibilities, for your 5th turn you should have tried something like CHAMP, no need to repeat the last 4 letters as you know them already for your final guess.