Languishing Eternally (VQ Game)

Started by ulmont, June 11, 2013, 12:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solmyr

Patronized Dee and assaulted Edinburgh.

QuoteRequest: 6-sided die x 4

Message from England:
Edinburgh, 2 English vs 2 French dice.

Taken with no losses. England passes the rest of the turn unless someone does something bad against me.

Oh and Garbon is up.

garbon

Quote#29: 2 / Muscovy Company
Place a "+1 Card" marker on your power card. You draw 1 extra card next turn (representing new revenues from trade with Muscovy). If played by England, place an additional +1 Card marker on the Turn Track on the turn two turns from the current one. England receives an extra card two turns in a row.

Message from Holy Roman Empire:

Not sure if Max was still passing or if we're hopping back to me per everyone's instructions. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

I think it's safe to assume Max is passing at this point.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote#57: 4 / Irish Rebellion
Playable by Spain, France or the Holy Roman if Ireland's diplomatic status has not been resolved this turn. Gain 2 diplomatic influence with Ireland and then resolve its diplomatic status. If Ireland activates, apply these effects: (1) England loses half of their regulars and half of their mercenaries from the Dublin and Kinsale spaces. (2) Remove units from Ulster, add Irish rebels there, and optionally move those rebels -- all as per Step 6 of the Activation Procedure.

[FAQ: Count the total number of regulars in Dublin plus Kinsale and then halve that number (rounding down). The English removes this number of regulars from these two spaces in any combination they desire. Then repeat for mercenaries.]

1-2/4 - Fortress in Agram
3-4/4 - Regular in Vienna

Over to Ulmont.

garbon

Ulmont, what was that file? Seems like it started from before my most recent file / doesn't have the current game state.

ulmont

Quote from: garbon on June 21, 2013, 10:05:46 AM
Ulmont, what was that file? Seems like it started from before my most recent file / doesn't have the current game state.

I probably fucked it up.  Gimme a minute.

EDIT: yeah, I saved your move but forgot to load it.

garbon

Quote#13: 1 / Reiters [RESPONSE]
If played by Ottomans, they eliminate 2 mercenaries anywhere on map. If played by any other power, place 2 of your power's mercenaries in any single space. Space chosen must be under friendly control but it does not have to be a home space for your power. You may increase it to 4 mercenaries if the space chosen is no more than 2 land connections from a home space of the Holy Roman Empire.

[FAQ: Space chosen may not be under siege or in unrest.]

To speed things up, playing this in response to Spanish card play to drop 4 mercs in Szigetvár.

ulmont

And then you're up again to play or pass...

garbon

ulmont

Another Walloon and an influence to Ireland later, I'm done.

garbon

Maximus

Habbaku

If you're done, now would be an ideal time to post your winter...
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Quote from: ulmont on June 21, 2013, 10:36:12 AM
Another Walloon and an influence to Ireland later, I'm done.

You can't build Walloons in Antwerp.  Look at the space color.

-J. R. R. Tolkien