News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languishing Eternally (VQ Game)

Started by ulmont, June 11, 2013, 12:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ulmont

Quote from: Habbaku on June 21, 2013, 01:50:15 PM
That's not legal either. The nearest fortification in that case is Dunkirk...

Fuck it, Brussels.

Solmyr

England bears no ill will to our Spanish cousin. :)

English winter is 1r from Edinburgh to London and galleon from the sea to Norwich.

Solmyr

And Garbon, I'll make an offer for your diplo-mercs next turn if you take them.

garbon

I believe that's everyone then.

Winter:

Ottoman - fleet to Coron, Sokollu +4r +2c to Istanbul, unrest in Cordoba, Valencia
Spain - Galley to Messina, Walloons to Dunkirk Brussels
England - 1r from Edinburgh to London and galleon from the sea to Norwich
France - (I'm guessing nothing given all units are at home?)
HRE - 2 mercs to Vienna from Szigetvár. Setting for the 4 diplo-mercs for hire
Protestant - none
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

ulmont

Walloons end up in Brussels but yeah.

Solmyr

Solmyr

Marriages:
William & Elisabeth - 13: 1 VP for Protestants and France, France also gets 1 Valois VP, Will goes away.
Arran & Anna - 13: 1 VP for Protestants and HRE, Protestants +1 card and sermon in Scotland.

How much did Habs pay for these marriages, again? :P

Solmyr

Patronage:

Palladio - 13: 2 architect VP to HRE

Dee - 12: Picking Observatory
Mercator - 8: Returns to pool

Solmyr

French colony produces nothing.

Hand sizes for turn 2:

Ottomans: 5 (4, +1 saved), also get both HCs and Selim II for free
Spain: 5 (5, +1 ruler, -1 marker)
England: 5 (3, +1 ruler, +1 saved)
France: 4
HRE: 7 (5, +1 saved, +1 marker)
Protestants: 6 (4, +1 saved, +1 marker)

Cards dealt. Spain needs to deal with treasures and Protestants get a free sermon in Scotland.

Habbaku

Protestants convert Edinburgh and Stirling with the Earl's preaching.  Will send a file later.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

ulmont

Quote from: Solmyr on June 23, 2013, 05:34:02 AM
Spain needs to deal with treasures

Remind me what I need to do - sweep the remainder of Spanish treasures into my hand and deal new random ones?

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Solmyr

Quote from: ulmont on June 23, 2013, 06:42:42 PM
Quote from: Solmyr on June 23, 2013, 05:34:02 AM
Spain needs to deal with treasures

Remind me what I need to do - sweep the remainder of Spanish treasures into my hand and deal new random ones?

Portuguese as well.

ulmont

Took Spain treasures to hand, swept Portuguese to the treasure box, dealt random Spain treasures, and just put markers down for Portuguese so that any piracy against them can be handled without me having to unlock a treasure.

Habbaku

-J. R. R. Tolkien