Languishing Eternally (VQ Game)

Started by ulmont, June 11, 2013, 12:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maximus

Message from Ottoman:
1/4 corsair in Algiers
2/4 naval move, Algiers fleet to Barbary Coast, Istanbul fleet to Aegean Sea
4/4 piracy in Barbary Coast

No cards, Ulmont may resolve and play. I will have intermittent access this weekend, but will try to keep up.

ulmont

QuoteSpain: Play Card as Event
#15: 2 / Storms [RESPONSE]
Play during another power's impulse just after they have announced they are spending CP to move, assault, initiate piracy, conduct a naval move, or start a naval transport. 1 CP is lost. For the rest of the impulse, no land unit of that power may move more than 1 space; assault, piracy, naval moves, and naval transport are prohibited OR Force any expedition to undergo a Navigation roll.

[FAQ: Effects only last for this one impulse; may not be used to stop Treachery! event.]

Message from Spain:
Cancel the naval move, you have 2 CP left.

Solmyr

ulmont

QuoteSpain: Message
Spanish Road for CP.

1-2/5: Build patrol Antilles.
3-4/5: Build fortress Cartagena de Indias.
5/5: Build merc Milan.

Extend with 5 CP treasure:

1-4/5: Build 2 galleys Messina.
5/5: buy one influence Ireland.

File sent builds on garbon's HRE SD file (6) and ignores Max's opening impulse (7) in favor of reimplementing the parts of Max's file (corsair build) that were kept.  Also includes Sol's SD.

Off to Sol.

Solmyr

England: Play Card as Operations

#39: 2 / Flooding [COMBAT]
Play just before an enemy formation rolls to assault one of your fortified spaces in Netherlands. The siege is broken and the enemy stack must retreat. The enemy stack loses one half their mercenaries (round up) before retreating. May not be used to stop Treachery! event.

Message from England:
1/2: 3r to Edinburgh
2/2: Ship to North Sea

Off to Berkut.

Solmyr

Berkut

France: Play Card as Operations
#55: 3 / Iconoclastic Fury
Take 7 Protestant Conversion attempts that can affect spaces in any one area, either France or the Netherlands. Treat all rolls of "5" as if they were a "6". Add 1 space of Unrest for each "1" rolled (not just for any "1" being rolled).

Message from France:
2/3: Galleon in Calais
3/3: 2xGalleons to North Sea

Evade?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

QuoteFrance: Die roll request
Request: 6-sided die x 2

Message from France:
Potential English Evasion

No evasion.

No cards from me, you can resolve.

0 rows returned

Berkut

Stack the odds a little bit:

France: Play Card as Event
#9: 1 / Fire Ships [COMBAT]
Gain 2 extra dice in a naval combat. Increase this number to 4 extra dice if attacking an enemy fleet in a port space or if fighting against the Spanish Armada.

Message from France:
Lets get a couple extra dice...

Should be 6 French against 2 English.

0 rows returned

Solmyr

Well if you are going to be like that...

England: Play Card as Event

#40: 1 / Tilbury Speech [COMBAT]
Gain 2 extra dice in a field battle, naval combat or assault (but not piracy). If England, gain 4 extra dice. Must be declared before either side rolls.

Message from England:
The captain of the galleon make a really nice speech...

QuoteEngland: Die roll request

Request: 6-sided die x 12

The speech works and the English sink one French galleon and put the other to flight.

No file (just need to move one French ship to turn track), Garbon up.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

QuoteHoly Roman Empire: Play Card as Operations
#69: 3 / Tenth Penny
Protestant player immediately takes a Rebellion action in the Netherlands as if 5 CP were spent. OR Spanish player draws 1 card at random from the Protestant player and keeps it in his hand for a future impulse.

Message from Holy Roman Empire:
Patronage of Mercator for 3 CP

Also I made file as though retreating French ship went back to Calais. Feel free to fix if that assumption is wrong.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

Quote#61: 2 / Menendez de Aviles
Message from Protestants:
For CPs :

1-2/2 - Preach in Netherlands.

Converted Alkmaar, Amsterdamn and Lille.

Over to Max.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Maximus

Ottoman tribute for CPs
1/5 naval move, Algiers fleet to Barbary Coast, Istanbul and Coron fleets to Aegean Sea
3/5 piracy in Barbary Coast

Ulmont to respond or not

ulmont

Spanish kill one corsair and then the Ottomans score 2 piracy hits (1 VP, 1 card).

Spain follows by sailing the fleet to the Tyrhennian (Max can intercept if he likes), followed by some successful preaching in the Netherlands.

File sent; Sol up.