News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Tea Partiers harassed by IRS?

Started by Sheilbh, May 11, 2013, 07:37:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: Jacob on May 22, 2013, 11:03:37 AM
The bottom line remains that there is not - as Berkut said - "any rational analysis [that] makes a reasonable person conclude that [Obama] had anything to do with the decision process that resulted in their death.

That sort of touches on my main criticism of Obama.  He doesn't have anything to do with anything.  He mostly seems to give speeches, play golf, vacation, and attend fundraisers.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Jacob

Quote from: Jacob on May 21, 2013, 05:47:55 PM
On the subject of the IRS thing - it seems a little silly for the GOP to go all bonkers on it being a scandal and a cover-up when it wasn't covered up at all. I mean, Darrell Issa knew back in 2012 - http://www.politicususa.com/republicans-suggested-irs-cover-up-turns-darrell-issa-knew-2012.html

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on May 22, 2013, 11:05:26 AM
But it was supposed to be the most transparent administration in history :( 

Yeah well he got elected and decided he should try for the other thing.

QuoteI'm sure the election had nothing to do with it.

Might have been.  But I suspect all things like like this are kept secret.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on May 22, 2013, 11:05:26 AM
But it was supposed to be the most transparent administration in history :( 

I'm sure the election had nothing to do with it.

I'm sure there are hundreds of internal investigations conducted every year throughout the breadth of the federal government, with founded or unfounded results, that never see the congressional light of day.

And no, I'm sure the election had nothing to do with it, either.  Especially since it was wrapped up in early May by careerist bureaucrats, not political appointees--of which the IRS possesses only two.

derspiess

Quote from: Jacob on May 22, 2013, 11:08:25 AM
Yet Issa knew back in 2012. Why didn't he spill it if it was such a big deal?

Issa and many others suspected it was going on.  And of course they were all dismissed as LOL PARANOID TEABAGGERS.  It wasn't publicly confirmed by anyone until just recently.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

I'm disappointed in Valmy drinking the Kool-Aid of Konspiracy.

Jacob

Quote from: derspiess on May 22, 2013, 11:09:27 AM
Quote from: Jacob on May 22, 2013, 11:03:37 AM
The bottom line remains that there is not - as Berkut said - "any rational analysis [that] makes a reasonable person conclude that [Obama] had anything to do with the decision process that resulted in their death.

That sort of touches on my main criticism of Obama.  He doesn't have anything to do with anything.  He mostly seems to give speeches, play golf, vacation, and attend fundraisers.

I was under the impression that the president was supposed to be pretty hands off with IRS investigations, at least since Nixon.

In any case, I think it's pretty funny how you're basically going "the president did this TERRIBLE THING! He's HORRIBLE! Oh... wait... he didn't do this terrible thing? That's because HE NEVER DOES ANYTHING! He's HORRIBLE!"

It's almost like you've decided that the conclusion is that he's HORRIBLE, and you're just looking for whatever facts you can to make that case.

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on May 22, 2013, 11:09:27 AM

Wow, way to spin that around.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 22, 2013, 11:12:14 AM
I'm disappointed in Valmy drinking the Kool-Aid of Konspiracy.

You seemed fine with it when I was complaining about Bush doing the same shit.

derspiess

Quote from: Jacob on May 22, 2013, 11:12:33 AM
I was under the impression that the president was supposed to be pretty hands off with IRS investigations, at least since Nixon.

In any case, I think it's pretty funny how you're basically going "the president did this TERRIBLE THING! He's HORRIBLE!

Am I?  :huh:

QuoteOh... wait... he didn't do this terrible thing? That's because HE NEVER DOES ANYTHING! He's HORRIBLE!"

It's almost like you've decided that the conclusion is that he's HORRIBLE, and you're just looking for whatever facts you can to make that case.

I think at this point the burden of proof is almost on those claiming he's not a below average president :lol:

Jacob

Quote from: derspiess on May 22, 2013, 11:11:53 AM

Issa and many others suspected it was going on.  And of course they were all dismissed as LOL PARANOID TEABAGGERS.  It wasn't publicly confirmed by anyone until just recently.

"Suspected?"

QuoteAt a hearing Tuesday, Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration J. Russell George told the Senate Finance Committee that the Treasury Department informed Rep. Darrell Issa's (R-CA) office of its investigation into the IRS in 2012, and has had communications with this staff since then.

Jacob

Quote from: derspiess on May 22, 2013, 11:15:55 AM
Yes :hug:

Just ask Valmy.

QuoteI think at this point the burden of proof is almost on those claiming he's not a below average president :lol:
So then you're conceding that there is no substance to the IRS "scandal" and the Benghazi "scandal"?

derspiess

Quote from: Jacob on May 22, 2013, 11:16:45 AM
Quote from: derspiess on May 22, 2013, 11:11:53 AM

"Suspected?"

QuoteAt a hearing Tuesday, Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration J. Russell George told the Senate Finance Committee that the Treasury Department informed Rep. Darrell Issa's (R-CA) office of its investigation into the IRS in 2012, and has had communications with this staff since then.

That's a bit vague. 

Berkut

Quote from: Jacob on May 22, 2013, 11:19:20 AM
I think at this point the burden of proof is almost on those claiming he's not a below average president :lol:
So then you're conceding that there is no substance to the IRS "scandal" and the Benghazi "scandal"?

I think that is pretty much what we are left with.

Note that Obama can in fact be a below average president (not something I would argue against myself - I certainly have not been impressed with him) while not at all being responsible for either "scandal".
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

derspiess

Quote from: Jacob on May 22, 2013, 11:19:20 AM
Yes :hug:

Just ask Valmy.

I'd rather you tell me. 

QuoteI think at this point the burden of proof is almost on those claiming he's not a below average president :lol:

No.