News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Tea Partiers harassed by IRS?

Started by Sheilbh, May 11, 2013, 07:37:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

This IRS thing is far more serious.  The Benghazi thing was ineptness, this is on the malevolent side.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

In other scandal news, it sounds like the DOJ leaked documents to try & smear the Fast & Furious whistleblower.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/under-the-radar/2013/05/report-faults-former-us-attorney-dennis-burke-for-164374.html?hp=r3
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on May 20, 2013, 02:07:22 PM
This IRS thing is far more serious.  The Benghazi thing was ineptness, this is on the malevolent side.

I have yet to see actual ineptness.

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on May 20, 2013, 03:36:53 PM

Of course not :lol:

alfred russel

Christ Raz. We have the Marine Corps to protect embassies in hotspots around the world. But an ambassador is placed in post revolutionary Libya protected by the local version of General Butt Naked and you don't see a fuck up? Obama and Hillary weren't the ones making the calls, but it seems evident someone made a mistake.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Razgovory

You really need to get your head out of that echo chamber.  Were you frothing this much about "Travelgate", Vince Foster and Paula Jones back in the 1990's?

Razgovory

Quote from: alfred russel on May 20, 2013, 03:45:13 PM

Christ Raz. We have the Marine Corps to protect embassies in hotspots around the world. But an ambassador is placed in post revolutionary Libya protected by the local version of General Butt Naked and you don't see a fuck up? Obama and Hillary weren't the ones making the calls, but it seems evident someone made a mistake.

You think he should be walking around with a Company of Marines?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: alfred russel on May 20, 2013, 03:45:13 PM
Obama and Hillary weren't the ones making the calls, but it seems evident someone made a mistake.

Yeah, the ambassador.

alfred russel

Quote from: Razgovory on May 20, 2013, 03:48:13 PM

Either that or its equivalent, or not gone at all.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Razgovory

Quote from: alfred russel on May 20, 2013, 04:04:40 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on May 20, 2013, 03:48:13 PM

Either that or its equivalent, or not gone at all.

Okay, the first one is not really something we can do.  Most countries object to large groups of very heavily armed men wandering through their country.  The second one means we would have to withdraw or severely limit our diplomatic activities in a whole bunch of countries.  Like most of Africa, the Middle East and several Latin American countries.  This doesn't seem like a good solution.

When you put diplomatic personnel in a country you accept a risk that they could be attacked.  If this is an example of ineptness then every President since Washington has been guilty of it.

derspiess

Libya wasn't just any third world country.  It was a war-torn country with jihadists running around. 

What I would like cleared up at this point are: why nothing was done to try and assist the ambassador and his bodyguards during the siege (apparently some special forces types in Tripoli were ready to move but were told to stand down), and why Obama apparently dumped it all on Panetta at 5:00pm that day and detached himself from the whole situation.