News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Tea Partiers harassed by IRS?

Started by Sheilbh, May 11, 2013, 07:37:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

I really do love Stewart. Unabashedly pro-left, but perfectly sane about it, and actually manages to be partisan without feeling the need to have blinders on all the time.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

merithyn

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 16, 2013, 08:32:31 AM
Nonsense.  You confuse his disdain for what the Republican Party has become with Obamism.  You guys make that mistake a lot.

:yes:

Not that you can convince derspiess of that...
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

11B4V

Quote from: merithyn on May 16, 2013, 11:22:15 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 16, 2013, 08:32:31 AM
Nonsense.  You confuse his disdain for what the Republican Party has become with Obamism.  You guys make that mistake a lot.

:yes:

Not that you can convince derspiess of that...

DS just adapt the OHC (Obama, Holder, Carney) mentality when dealing with liberals. I dont know, I saw this the same time you did, My deputy handled that...etc...etc. This hat trick of issues isnt going away. The more the BO and his boyz play dumb, the more ground they lose.

Chris Mathews does nothing but suck on the Administrations tit. Along with the whole of MSNBC. 
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Admiral Yi

Chris Matthews is totally in the bag.

In breaking news, US Marshals lost track of two terrorists who had been placed in the witness protection program.  They appear to have fled the country, whereabouts unknown.

11B4V

Quote from: Berkut on May 16, 2013, 10:28:27 AM
I really do love Stewart. Unabashedly pro-left, but perfectly sane about it, and actually manages to be partisan without feeling the need to have blinders on all the time.

Agree.

Colbert had a good skit last nite w/a congresswoman that was quite funny.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on May 16, 2013, 01:51:22 AM
I bet the right wing blogs are just bouncing off the walls right now.

From what I can tell, it almost seems like they're trying to restrain themselves a bit.  Possibly because they don't want to get their hopes up, or maybe they don't want to taint the mainstream coverage?

Meanwhile, it seems like the mainstream places like Politico are going whole hog on the scandals.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

I really hope all these scandals force Congress to finally properly oversee and check the Executive Branch like they are supposed to.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Actually the vid of them running out with the umbrellas is even more fun. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on May 16, 2013, 12:12:28 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on May 16, 2013, 01:51:22 AM
I bet the right wing blogs are just bouncing off the walls right now.

From what I can tell, it almost seems like they're trying to restrain themselves a bit.  Possibly because they don't want to get their hopes up, or maybe they don't want to taint the mainstream coverage?

Meanwhile, it seems like the mainstream places like Politico are going whole hog on the scandals.

Good, I wouldn't want them accusing the President of Treason and demanding impeachment.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on May 16, 2013, 01:08:30 PM
Good, I wouldn't want them accusing the President of Treason and demanding impeachment.

Like I said, they're generally restraining themselves :P

11B4V

Quote from: derspiess on May 16, 2013, 01:24:08 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on May 16, 2013, 01:08:30 PM

Like I said, they're generally restraining themselves :P

Still going to be some hign drama and entertainment.  A lot of waffling and such. Carney is priceless.

crazy canuck

Is there some kind of official military stance for holding an umbrella?  Why are those guys holding their stomachs?  Are they signalling its time for lunch so the speeches need to be cut short?

Valmy

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 16, 2013, 03:32:41 PM
Is there some kind of official military stance for holding an umbrella?

Heh.  You know there is.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

fhdz

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 16, 2013, 03:32:41 PM
Is there some kind of official military stance for holding an umbrella?

I think there's even an official military stance for urinating.
and the horse you rode in on