Battle of the Nations - Live steel fighting

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 08:26:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

merithyn

Okay, not liking this as much as the 1 vs 1. Too much grappling and punching and not enough sword fighting. :mad:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

merithyn

Maximus

Nasty leaping kick to the front of the knee on that Pole. Looked like they were down one man for the second round.

Malthus

I'm amazed no-one has been killed doing this so far. Seems only a matter of time.

I saw two re-enactors at the ROM demonstrating armoured sword-fighting techniques - they had blunted weapons, but one was accidentally stabbed in the armpit nonetheless, and started to bleed out right in front of us. Ambulance arrived and he lived.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Maximus

There are a couple serious injuries every year.

Syt

Quote from: Malthus on May 10, 2013, 09:59:54 AM
I'm amazed no-one has been killed doing this so far. Seems only a matter of time.

A Luxembourger charged a Frenchie from behind today and brought his polearm crashing down on the back of his head. It really had me worried there for a moment. The French guy was able to continue, though.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Maximus

There's Adrian. Nearly took out a fence.

merithyn

Quote from: Maximus on May 10, 2013, 10:52:29 AM
There's Adrian. Nearly took out a fence.

:D

Well, at 6'6" and 270+ pounds, those fences don't stand a chance.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

merithyn

Malthus

Quote from: merithyn on May 10, 2013, 11:00:32 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on May 10, 2013, 10:58:15 AM
"Edged Weapon Nutters"  :rolleyes:

:D

Watch it, 11B4V. You know you wanna'....

He's waiting for a version where people put on modern body armour and shoot at each other.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Malthus

Anyway, must be a hoot bringing that gear through customs.  ;)

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Maximus

Israel is ripping up the lists. I think their 5x5 team is undefeated.

Syt

Probably have lots of experience doing crowd control in the West Bank. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.