Battle of the Nations - Live steel fighting

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 08:26:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

merithyn

The chat stream is alternatively annoying and amusing. They all say the same stuff, and then think they're so clever when they say it.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

lustindarkness

Quote from: Berkut on May 10, 2013, 12:24:22 PM
Quote from: lustindarkness on May 10, 2013, 11:23:24 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on May 10, 2013, 11:17:02 AM
or you know, Milsim Paintball.

Milsim Airsoft is better. I play that all the time.

Whazzat? Tell me more.

http://www.alabamaairsoft.org/forum
My next game: http://www.warfareinc.org/ organized by my brother in law at this field: http://home.hiwaay.net/~mtdoom/

I also play with my redneck friends, those the only rule is we stop shooting when you scream/yell/beg for mercy. Thos are great fun too.  :)
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Grey Fox

Quote from: merithyn on May 10, 2013, 12:18:56 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on May 10, 2013, 12:14:28 PM
Also this is canada, acquiring a airsoft non-clear launcher is a paaaaaaain.

You know that Canada doesn't have a team in the games, but Quebec does, don't you? :D

Yes, I have yet to catch any of their bouts tho. Altho, youtube sucks from work.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Maximus on May 10, 2013, 09:46:06 AM
Nasty leaping kick to the front of the knee on that Pole. Looked like they were down one man for the second round.

From the rules you linked, that could easily have been a yellow card.  Knees and feet seem to be a no-no.

@Malthus: swipes only, no thrusts, probably for that exact reason.

@Lusti: Yeah, a couple ex-forumites and I do that up here, too- I'm usually the asshole with the heavy-duty stuff in the 400+ FPS range, like my spring SWAT rifle. :menace:
Experience bij!

lustindarkness

Quote from: DontSayBanana on May 10, 2013, 01:05:42 PM
@Lusti: Yeah, a couple ex-forumites and I do that up here, too- I'm usually the asshole with the heavy-duty stuff in the 400+ FPS range, like my spring SWAT rifle. :menace:

Sweet. I use an MP5 I borrow or my own G36C. The G36 has performed awesome for 2 years now.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Syt

Today's stream:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyNkumDIqW8

Today are the finals 1 vs 1 and 5 vs 5. I admit I like these better than the 21 vs 21, because they're so much easier to follow on the stream.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

Actually, if next year's tournament is held in a civilized country (i.e. not in Ukraine, Russia or thereabouts) I'm considering trying to get a few friends interested in visiting the tournament.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

meri & Max: I'm afraid your man Reed lost to his Ukrainian opponent. My impression was he looked a bit passive versus the Ukrainian's aggression. :(

Love the American shield design, though. :lol:

—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

QuoteThis video contains content from battleofthenations, who has blocked it on copyright grounds.

Sorry about that.

Err .... someone pressed the wrong button?
—Stephen Jay Gould

merithyn

Quote from: Syt on May 11, 2013, 05:23:51 AM
meri & Max: I'm afraid your man Reed lost to his Ukrainian opponent. My impression was he looked a bit passive versus the Ukrainian's aggression. :(

Love the American shield design, though. :lol:

Well that sucks. :(

I just got onto a computer, so I'm going to watch them all on time-delay. Thanks for the heads up on Reed, though. Yeah, that's just how he fights. He looks like he's relaxed, but really, he's all about conserving energy, and taking shots only when he knows they'll hit.

merithyn

Quote from: Syt on May 11, 2013, 02:25:33 AM
Today's stream:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyNkumDIqW8

Today are the finals 1 vs 1 and 5 vs 5. I admit I like these better than the 21 vs 21, because they're so much easier to follow on the stream.

Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LX-poquWk4A

Jaron

I thought this would be more interesting to me, but I found it a bit hard to watch. Maybe it is more exciting if you're there.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 09, 2013, 10:13:21 AM
Great, RenFaire faggots prance around.

From the bit I saw, it was more like stumbling around like you're half-asleep or drunk.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Berkut

Watchiung this is pretty cool.

However, it is only a matter of time before someone gets killed doing this. Armor or no armor, being struck full force with a metal weapon in the head could very easily be fatal. Much less a strike to the neck, intentional or not. And when those guys are going at each other, a illegal blow to the neck is going to be just as deadly whether it is against the rules or not.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned