And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: alfred russel on April 26, 2016, 08:33:38 PM
So....maybe I was wrong about Trump not getting the nomination.  :hmm:

Why people are rallying to his side, I have no idea.

You and the rest of the #NeverTrump movement.

Martinus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 26, 2016, 02:59:01 PM
Quote from: Valmy on April 26, 2016, 02:47:30 PM
It would make the internet so much more entertaining for a few Icelanders and Polish people. Important considerations in any election :hmm:

Trump is by far the worst candidate for Poland though.

Obama has been completely useless for Poland, so I can't see how Trump is going to be worse - and at least he is right about the Islamic fundamentalism threat, which Obama refuses to acknowledge.

Habbaku

Quote from: Martinus on April 27, 2016, 12:47:33 AM
Hey, but most Republican voters oppose Trump. That's what Berkut said.

Do you have evidence that shows otherwise?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Martinus

Quote from: Habbaku on April 27, 2016, 12:55:05 AM

The fact that in all of the primaries over the last two weeks he actually won the absolute majority?

Tonitrus

Quote from: Martinus on April 27, 2016, 12:53:15 AM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 26, 2016, 02:59:01 PM
Quote from: Valmy on April 26, 2016, 02:47:30 PM
It would make the internet so much more entertaining for a few Icelanders and Polish people. Important considerations in any election :hmm:

Trump is by far the worst candidate for Poland though.

Obama has been completely useless for Poland, so I can't see how Trump is going to be worse - and at least he is right about the Islamic fundamentalism threat, which Obama refuses to acknowledge.

He might join Putin in partitioning Poland again.  :P

Habbaku

Quote from: Martinus on April 27, 2016, 12:56:35 AM

The fact that in all of the primaries over the last two weeks he actually won the absolute majority?

New York, Maryland, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, and Delaware contain a majority of Republican voters?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Martinus

Continue staying in denial. But your boyfriend is wrong on that.

Habbaku

Martinus fails at basic math, so resorts to ad homs.  Imagine that.  :)

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tonitrus

Quote from: Habbaku on April 27, 2016, 12:58:40 AM
Quote from: Martinus on April 27, 2016, 12:56:35 AM

New York, Maryland, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, and Delaware contain a majority of Republican voters?

With the exception of Pennsylvania, the raw voting numbers for the Dem primary over the GOP in those states was massively larger.

Eddie Teach

Trump going weak in the knees for Putin really doesn't bother you at all?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Habbaku

Here's some data for Martinus.  I'm sure he will deny it exists in some fashion, but I am going to provide it for others all the same:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/republican_vote_count.html

Hm.  Interesting.  Trump has 10,056,351 recorded votes, yet all the others combined are roughly 14 million.  One can only conclude that, clearly, Trump has a majority of Republican voter support.  :hmm:

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Martinus

Quote from: Habbaku on April 27, 2016, 01:01:16 AM
Martinus fails at basic math, so resorts to ad homs.  Imagine that.  :)

Could you point out an ad hom in my post?

Habbaku

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Martinus

Quote from: Habbaku on April 27, 2016, 01:05:38 AM
Here's some data for Martinus.  I'm sure he will deny it exists in some fashion, but I am going to provide it for others all the same:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/republican_vote_count.html

Hm.  Interesting.  Trump has 10,056,351 recorded votes, yet all the others combined are roughly 14 million.  One can only conclude that, clearly, Trump has a majority of Republican voter support.  :hmm:

You are confusing things. I didn't say Trump is the preferred candidate for the majority of Republican voters. But, from the fact that Trump has not been getting the majority (only plurality) in earlier votes Berkut was inferring that everybody who did not vote for Trump was firmly in the #NeverTrump camp - now that the candidates have thinned out and he is starting to get clear majorities this seems to be quite untrue.

Martinus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 27, 2016, 01:04:19 AM

Trump going weak in the knees for Putin really doesn't bother you at all?

Not more than Bush looking deep into Putin's eyes, or Obama sending Hillary off with the reset button. We got used by now to the West having these bouts of unreasonable sympathy for Russia but it never lasts long.