And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Legbiter on April 26, 2016, 03:25:54 PM
The butthurt will be glorious though.

Not really. They will be so smug in the knowledge this country is in the hands of the privileged white man and they will be saying TROOF to POWAH and so forth. Extremists of all stripes will love it. Sane people, though, will not.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

alfred russel

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 26, 2016, 03:36:20 PM

Except in 2000, when the GOP opened their primary here, ostensibly to stop Dubya;  I voted Johnny Hero, and thoroughly enjoyed doing so.  Alas, the Dubya Smear Machinetm won, like it always did.

Except in Iraq. And with the financial system. Also other places.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Valmy

Quote from: alfred russel on April 26, 2016, 03:50:31 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 26, 2016, 03:36:20 PM

Except in 2000, when the GOP opened their primary here, ostensibly to stop Dubya;  I voted Johnny Hero, and thoroughly enjoyed doing so.  Alas, the Dubya Smear Machinetm won, like it always did.

Except in Iraq. And with the financial system. Also other places.

Those weren't elections :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Barrister

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 26, 2016, 03:23:37 PM
Quote from: Valmy on April 26, 2016, 11:31:48 AM
Speaking of today's election, have you voted yet Seedy?

No; Maryland does not have open primaries, and as I am not registered with either party, I just get to enjoy lighter traffic since schools are closed.

Now, if this were a Board of Education year, then my UNA ass could weigh in, but it's not.

I am shocked, Shocked!, that you are not a lifelong registered democrat.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on April 26, 2016, 04:15:03 PM

Politics are different inside each state. Just because you tend to support the Republicans or Democrats during national elections does not mean you want to be a party member for Maryland or Texas politics.

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 26, 2016, 02:43:29 PM
Quote from: Barrister on April 26, 2016, 01:37:17 PM
And some times you just have to hand it to Trump.  When asked about the number of celebrities promising to leave the US for Canada if Trump was elected (including Lena Dunham, Whoopi Goldberg, John Stewart, and Trump's favourite Rosie O'Donnell):

Quote"Now I have to get elected because I'll be doing a great service to our country," he said. "Now it's much more important. In fact, I'll immediately get off this call and start campaigning right now."

http://www.politico.com/blogs/2016-gop-primary-live-updates-and-results/2016/04/trump-ill-do-country-a-great-service-by-winning-if-rosie-leaves-222437#ixzz46xWet2so

Yep, you have to hand it to him for acting like a child.  And you really have to hand it to people who think that is a good thing.  A great thing.  You wouldn't believe how great it would be to have someone so immature in the office of the President of the United States.

Come on, it's a funny line.   :D

I think I'm with derspeiss that his first 10 days in office would be wonderful to observe.  Though electing Trump for the lulz is probably the worst possible thing the US could do though. #NeverTrump

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on April 26, 2016, 04:19:41 PM

Politics are different inside each state. Just because you tend to support the Republicans or Democrats during national elections does not mean you want to be a party member for Maryland or Texas politics.

I don't see why. It isn't like being part of a party means much of anything.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on April 26, 2016, 04:19:41 PM

But this is Seedy we're talking about.  Prick him and his bleeds blue.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: FunkMonk on April 26, 2016, 11:32:38 AM
Quote from: Valmy on April 26, 2016, 11:26:33 AM
Quote from: FunkMonk on April 26, 2016, 11:24:45 AM
That's unfortunate. He used to seem pretty reasonable.

It is that toxic Bernie supporting. Once Hillary finishes him off I hope his sanity will be restored.

I think it is possible for her to wrap it up today right? Not that she will.

Possibly, but in all probability the nomination is already sewn up anyway.

The Sanders rebellion has been allowed to exist for far too long. The Clintons need to marshal their forces soon for the general election.

He has more than 25% of the delegates. That allows him to publish a disenting platform and purpose all sorts if rule changes and things at the convention. Hillary didn't in 08 because she didn't really have an ideological beef with Obama, but Sanders certainly will go for it.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Legbiter on April 26, 2016, 03:25:54 PM
Eh, aside from the Weekly Standard faggots, life would go on pretty much as usual under God Emperor Trump.

The butthurt will be glorious though.

It's posts like this that make me think you're a little more invested in a Trump victory than your answer to my direct question indicated.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 26, 2016, 05:15:29 PM
He has more than 25% of the delegates. That allows him to publish a disenting platform and purpose all sorts if rule changes and things at the convention. Hillary didn't in 08 because she didn't really have an ideological beef with Obama, but Sanders certainly will go for it.

Off the top of your head, can you name anything in Jesse Jackson's minority platform?

edit: Or for that matter, can you name anything from any platform--minority or majority, winning or losing?

Platforms are perfectly irrelevant documents that not even the most hard core political junky pays any attention to.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 26, 2016, 05:17:40 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 26, 2016, 05:15:29 PM

Off the top of your head, can you name anything in Jesse Jackson's minority platform?

You may be one of the few who remembers he had one.

I didnt.

CountDeMoney

I am shocked, Shocked!, that you do not recall the many times over the years I have mentioned my work with the College Republicans.  I mean, I just wasn't making that shit up.

Ed Anger

Lena Dunham sez she will leave the U.S. if trump wins. Go Trump!

He's got my vote now.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive