News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

WTF Latvia and Lithuania? You sure do rely on the kindness of strangers.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on April 27, 2016, 02:24:47 PM
Ted Cruz named a running mate. :huh:

Fiorina :bleeding:

I have never heard of somebody do this prior to winning the nomination during the convention. Much less somebody getting stomped during the primary :hmm:

And apparently Cruz is getting trashed today because in a speech that referenced the movie 'Hoosiers' he called a basketball hoop a basketball ring  :wacko:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on April 27, 2016, 02:28:13 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on April 27, 2016, 02:24:47 PM
Ted Cruz named a running mate. :huh:

Fiorina :bleeding:

I have never heard of somebody do this prior to winning the nomination during the convention. Much less somebody getting stomped during the primary :hmm:

What's wrong with Carly Fiorina? :huh:

I agree he's losing the nomination, but that's why he's doing it - trying to shake things up.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Admiral Yi

And apparently Cruz is getting trashed today because in a speech that referenced the movie 'Hoosiers' he called a basketball hoop a basketball ring  :wacko:

Maybe that's what they call it in Canada.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on April 27, 2016, 02:30:26 PM

She was only famous for being CEO of HP and she was a terrible CEO. I have been over this before :P

Granted nobody seems to mind that Trump is a horrible business man who brutally murdered the USFL so maybe the Republicans like miserable business failures.

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 27, 2016, 02:31:37 PM

Maybe that's what they call it in Canada.

Maybe so :lol:

FunkMonk

After reading his speech I'm not sure I understand the crux of Trump's overall foreign policy strategy. Is it mainly just isolationism redux?
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Jacob

Quote from: FunkMonk on April 27, 2016, 02:50:54 PM
After reading his speech I'm not sure I understand the crux of Trump's overall foreign policy strategy. Is it mainly just isolationism redux?

I think it's mainly just whatever will get the punters riled up in his favour at the moment.

Legbiter

Quote from: Barrister on April 27, 2016, 02:30:26 PM

I agree he's losing the nomination, but that's why he's doing it - trying to shake things up.

He's trying to out-Trump Trump by assuming the sale and it just makes him look weird. Well, weirder at least :hmm:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Admiral Yi

It's not isolationism in regards to the allies paying fair share part.  An isolationist would say I don't care how much y'all are willing to pay.

He's making what he considers a credible threat to induce allies to stop free riding.

Grinning_Colossus

It's more a little isolationism here, a little gunboat diplomacy there, with a smattering of saturation bombing.
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Martinus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 27, 2016, 02:57:16 PM

It's not isolationism in regards to the allies paying fair share part.  An isolationist would say I don't care how much y'all are willing to pay.

He's making what he considers a credible threat to induce allies to stop free riding.

Yeah. The problem is that those allies which pay their fair share (other than the UK), by large are the ones most exposed. So it is not going to become a huge incentive for, say, Belgium, to start spending more stuff. Which has been the huge NATO weakness from the very beginning.

But if it means relocating US bases from Germany to Poland I'm all for it.

lustindarkness

So if/when Ted Cruz loses he can now blame it on Carly Fiorina?  :lol:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

derspiess

Quote from: Grinning_Colossus on April 27, 2016, 03:00:13 PM
It's more a little isolationism here, a little gunboat diplomacy there, with a smattering of saturation bombing.

:hmm:

I like it.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall