2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

I'm 1 / 216 the danish, what does that make me?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: merithyn on May 20, 2014, 09:46:40 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 30, 2014, 09:58:37 PM
Jeb Bush would never get past the early primaries: evangelical Iowa.

:huh: :unsure:

Has Iowa changed that much?

You look who's running the GOP primary system there these days, you tell me.  It's the basest of the base.  Rick Santorum, for fuck's sake.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Jacob

Quote from: grumbler on May 20, 2014, 06:28:20 AM
Quote from: Jacob on May 20, 2014, 05:16:00 AM
Quote from: garbon on May 19, 2014, 04:26:16 PM
Sheilbh, lover of unattractive white men.

Jealous?
:secret: Garbo's not white.

Indeed, which is perhaps the reason he is upset at what he perceives to be Sheilbh's preferences.

derspiess

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/17/hillary-clinton-gun-control_n_5505080.html?utm_hp_ref=media&ir=Media

Quote"I believe that we need a more thoughtful conversation, we cannot let a minority of people -- and that's what it is, it is a minority of people -- hold a viewpoint that terrorizes the majority of people," Clinton said during a CNN town hall.

:hmm:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Hansmeister

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 20, 2014, 09:48:46 PM
Quote from: merithyn on May 20, 2014, 09:46:40 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 30, 2014, 09:58:37 PM
Jeb Bush would never get past the early primaries: evangelical Iowa.

:huh: :unsure:

Has Iowa changed that much?

You look who's running the GOP primary system there these days, you tell me.  It's the basest of the base.  Rick Santorum, for fuck's sake.

You're thinking caucus, not primary, which tends to bring out the most committed voters and why it is also utterly irrelevant.

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on June 18, 2014, 03:05:22 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/17/hillary-clinton-gun-control_n_5505080.html?utm_hp_ref=media&ir=Media

Quote"I believe that we need a more thoughtful conversation, we cannot let a minority of people -- and that's what it is, it is a minority of people -- hold a viewpoint that terrorizes the majority of people," Clinton said during a CNN town hall.

:unsure:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: derspiess on June 18, 2014, 03:05:22 PM

So badly worded.

Sounds like she's arguing about freedom of speech rather than specific gun control policies.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

Yeah because it is free speech not guns that terrorize people.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: garbon on June 18, 2014, 07:47:59 PM
I know what she means to say, I don't think it's being pedantic to require someone to actually say what they mean rather than something else entirely.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

Or you know, you could not take her remarks out of context. Like how they were made while talking about guns. Does a person need to mention their topic in every sentence of their remarks to help those who can't be bothered to pay attention for more than a few seconds?

sbr

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 18, 2014, 09:38:16 PM
Quote from: garbon on June 18, 2014, 07:47:59 PM
I know what she means to say, I don't think it's being pedantic to require someone to actually say what they mean rather than something else entirely.

Any interest in getting the context of what she said?  You are being either dense or stupid.

garbon

Oh, derspeiss, my copy of her book is supposed to come tomorrow in time for me to use as beach reading! :cool:

Berkut

Has anyone heard anything from Huntsman? He is still, by far, the sanest Republican out there. He is what the Republican Party ought to be, and if the Republicans were what Huntsman is, they would crush the Dems easily.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned