News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 11, 2016, 06:24:21 PM
Heard on CNN that Trump is "signaling" a willingness to compromise and keep some parts of Obamacare.  They mentioned comments made during his meeting with Barry, and a WSJ editorial, if anyone wants to hunt it down.

Isn't he it likely to flip-flop most of his policy position for the next couple of months, so whatever he says or more importantly what the media try and divine is largely speculative?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Eddie Teach

Quote from: mongers on November 11, 2016, 06:12:50 PM
Quote from: dps on November 11, 2016, 06:05:55 PM
Quote from: mongers on November 11, 2016, 05:57:32 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on November 11, 2016, 05:02:37 PM
In 2032 years there will be an election that is expected to matchup Chelsea Clinton v. Ivanka Trump, but Kim Kardashian will enter the race and beat both of them.

Vastly optimistic,  that American democracy will survive another 16 years through and after Trump. 

Are you really that stupid, or are you just trolling us.

Nice false dichotomy.

Yes, being a troll doesn't make him any smarter.  :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Also heard on CNN that all the kids and the Jew son in law are on the transition team.

IN YOUR FACE MELANIA

jimmy olsen

Quote from: alfred russel on November 11, 2016, 01:16:25 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 10, 2016, 10:47:18 PM
"California Secretary of State reporting 4.6 Million ballots left in the state. If true, Clinton will win ~51-52% of national popular vote."

Crazy vote share for someone who lost the electoral college. It's supposed to be virtually impossilbe once the win is by more than 2 percent.

Tim, thank you so much for posting this highly credible information. California is now reporting, and Hillary has less than 48% of the vote.

Nate Cohn of the times says it's going to end up at 63.4 to 61.2 million

https://mobile.twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/796409592708268038
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Tonitrus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 11, 2016, 06:32:12 PM
Also heard on CNN that all the kids and the Jew son in law are on the transition team.

IN YOUR FACE MELANIA

:huh:

I doubt Melania isn't at all interested in that crap.

Admiral Yi

Tonitrus

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: mongers on November 11, 2016, 06:27:48 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 11, 2016, 06:24:21 PM
Heard on CNN that Trump is "signaling" a willingness to compromise and keep some parts of Obamacare.  They mentioned comments made during his meeting with Barry, and a WSJ editorial, if anyone wants to hunt it down.

Isn't he it likely to flip-flop most of his policy position for the next couple of months, so whatever he says or more importantly what the media try and divine is largely speculative?

Doesn't really matter. Congress writes the laws, and I'm pretty sure that Trump's cabinet and advisors will persuade him to sign them.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Savonarola

:bleeding:

QuoteFlorida Attorney General Pam Bondi Named to President-Elect Donald Trump's Transition Team

(WFLA) – President-elect Donald J. Trump has picked Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi to be a member of his transition team.

Trump made the announcement on Friday.

He also announced that Vice President-elect Mike Pence will serve as Chairman of the Presidential Transition Team, and that Dr. Ben Carson, New Jersey Governor Chris Christie, Former Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives Newt Gingrich, Lieutenant General Michael Flynn, USA (Ret.), Former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani and U.S. Senator Jeff Sessions will join the team's Executive Committee as Vice Chairs.

Bondi is best known for pursuing a case against Trump University for fraud until the day after she received a generous campaign contribution from one of Trump's PACs.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

dps

Razgovory

Quote from: Savonarola on November 11, 2016, 08:22:34 PM

Bondi is best known for pursuing a case against Trump University for fraud until the day after she received a generous campaign contribution from one of Trump's PACs.

Well, at least we are draining the swamp and getting rid of corruption.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Savonarola

Quote from: Razgovory on November 11, 2016, 09:13:33 PM
Quote from: Savonarola on November 11, 2016, 08:22:34 PM

Well, at least we are draining the swamp and getting rid of corruption.

I agree it's a start; but he's got to appoint Rick Scott to something if he really wants to make a difference in Tallahassee. 

;)
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Grinning_Colossus

Ms. Dunham,

Please don't help us organize.
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?