News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fate

Quote from: celedhring on November 11, 2016, 04:10:33 PM
Do the party chairs have that much influence over the party political direction anyway? They have a hand on the levers for sure but I understood it's merely an organizational position.

I'm all for diversity in DNC leadership, but come on. Ellison would be almost the perfect boogeyman for Donald Trump. It doesn't matter what the job actually entails. And if the job really doesn't do much, then appearances really matter. Now The Donald and FoxNews will get to say, look at those crazy Dems, they implemented Sharia law in the DNC and Youngstown, Ohio and Scranton, Pennsylvania will be next! Be afraid!

Admiral Yi

To my understanding the national committees are primarily fund-raising and distributing operations.

alfred russel

In 2032 years there will be an election that is expected to matchup Chelsea Clinton v. Ivanka Trump, but Kim Kardashian will enter the race and beat both of them.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Monoriu

Quote from: Phillip V on November 11, 2016, 05:00:52 PM
Chelsea Clinton being groomed for Congress

http://nypost.com/2016/11/10/chelsea-clinton-being-groomed-to-run-for-congress/

Best news to come out of this disaster.  Can't wait for a Clinton/Bush or Clinton/Trump rematch. 

Valmy

Quote from: Fate on November 11, 2016, 05:19:28 PM
Quote from: Phillip V on November 11, 2016, 05:00:52 PM
Chelsea Clinton being groomed for Congress

http://nypost.com/2016/11/10/chelsea-clinton-being-groomed-to-run-for-congress/

Jesus Christ. No, just no.

Yeah...no. The Democrats run all these giant cities. Shouldn't they be producing mayors and city council people who can graduate to Congress?

Bring back the Cursus Honorum!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

I'd like to think she's too smart to get involved in that crap. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

celedhring

mongers

Quote from: alfred russel on November 11, 2016, 05:02:37 PM
In 2032 years there will be an election that is expected to matchup Chelsea Clinton v. Ivanka Trump, but Kim Kardashian will enter the race and beat both of them.

Vastly optimistic,  that American democracy will survive another 16 years through and after Trump. 
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

dps

Quote from: mongers on November 11, 2016, 05:57:32 PM

Vastly optimistic,  that American democracy will survive another 16 years through and after Trump. 

Are you really that stupid, or are you just trolling us.

mongers

Quote from: dps on November 11, 2016, 06:05:55 PM
Quote from: mongers on November 11, 2016, 05:57:32 PM

Are you really that stupid, or are you just trolling us.

Nice false dichotomy.

Glad you've still got faith.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Admiral Yi

Heard on CNN that Trump is "signaling" a willingness to compromise and keep some parts of Obamacare.  They mentioned comments made during his meeting with Barry, and a WSJ editorial, if anyone wants to hunt it down.