News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OttoVonBismarck

No one should care what Hillary says now, she needs to exit the stage.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on November 12, 2016, 07:53:14 PM

Yeah.  Filthy fucking cunt.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Fuck you, derfetusfacefucker.  Like I'm getting on a boat full of Ulster Volunteers.

DGuller

That's one of the vile things about dirty tricks in a democracy:  the losers have a potentially legitimate argument that they did not lose fairly.  Both Comey and black voter suppression could've swung the election, given the margins.  Did they?  Who knows, but in a democracy you shouldn't be even asking such questions.  The fact that it shouldn't have even been close enough for these things to matter is irrelevant, things were indeed close enough.

derspiess

Unfortunately for the Dems they had Hillary.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Savonarola

Quote from: derspiess on November 12, 2016, 04:04:17 PM
A guy got shot in the Oregon peaceful protest.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2016/11/anti-trump_protesters_rally_in.html

The reports this morning seemed to indicate that this was a road rage incident (protesters have been blocking roads, the police haven't been out in force to redirect traffic so tensions have been running high.)  Being from Detroit I wasn't overly concerned by this (you got shot in the leg?  Walk it off, son); but here in Portland this is the worst thing that has ever happened.  One of the natives told me this morning that this was the beginning of the third world war.  When road rage gets out of hand.  (Okay, yes, the First World War was touched off by not much more than that.)
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Savonarola

Quote from: Savonarola on April 14, 2016, 09:25:50 AM

This comic strip ran in 1953 (when Donald Trump was 7).  Did Charlie Brown grow up to become Donald Trump?  :(

And once again the joke is on me.   <_<  I really need to quit reading my old posts.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

CountDeMoney

Yeah, thanks Sav.  Fucked shit up for everyone.

Eddie Teach

It's not Sav's fault, it's the laughing girls' fault(read: Obama and members of the White House press corps).
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Fate

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on November 12, 2016, 03:42:17 PM
What I find more interesting than his business, is his fraud case. I think he was originally supposed to be deposed some time in late November, the judge had rescheduled it until after the election; but he's now asked for another delay because he says he's too busy with the transition to be involved. If he gets that delay and it goes into his Presidency,  we're in a Bill Clinton/Paula Jones lawsuit situation. But Trump has less respect for the law, what if as President he simply refuses to appear in court? I'm skeptical on how a court can force the President to appear anywhere he doesn't want to be.

Isn't he in a civil and not a criminal trial? I thought you don't have to appear in person for those. He's been giving video taped depositions all throughout the election cycle.

Martinus

I love that a bunch of Democrats have signed a petition for the Trump's electors to go faithless and elect Hillary instead.

So they rig the primaries against a popular candidate to put the corporate stooge on the ballot, see her loose predictably, and their lesson from this is to try and rig another vote. Medieval morality plays had less of a hamfisted moral against the villain than this.  :lol:

garbon

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on November 12, 2016, 07:53:14 PM

I don't think she leaked her call. :hmm:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.