News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Seems a bit silly. Do we really want someone who is 79 when they take office? I would think he'd be better off trying to raise someone up - someone who share similar values.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

Uhm, Yoda dies during the Return of the Jedi...

Phillip V

Quote from: garbon on November 14, 2016, 08:32:34 AM
Seems a bit silly. Do we really want someone who is 79 when they take office? I would think he'd be better off trying to raise someone up - someone who share similar values.

Ageism is why Democrats lost the old vote to Republicans.  Trump is older than Clinton.  Guess what?  Sanders is older than Trump.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernie_Sanders

Phillip V

Quote from: Martinus on November 14, 2016, 08:41:37 AM

Not before training Luke!  Tulsi Gabbard was Sanders' VP on the California ballot this election.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulsi_Gabbard

garbon

Quote from: Phillip V on November 14, 2016, 08:43:56 AM
Quote from: garbon on November 14, 2016, 08:32:34 AM

Ageism is why Democrats lost the old vote to Republicans.  Trump is older than Clinton.  Guess what?  Sanders is older than Trump.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernie_Sanders

:huh:

I've no idea what you were trying to do with that. Well I think I know but it was ridiculous.

You make a random statement, then point out how the winning candidate was a year older and then cite a wikipedia page for a completely failed candidate (didn't get past the first gates) as if I didn't know his age when I stated how old he would be in 4 years time. :hmm:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Quote from: Phillip V on November 14, 2016, 08:47:11 AM
Quote from: Martinus on November 14, 2016, 08:41:37 AM

Not before training Luke!  Tulsi Gabbard was Sanders' VP on the California ballot this election.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulsi_Gabbard

I feel sorry for any non-old woman trying to run in 4 years. Can you imagine the disgusting crap she will have to put up with from all the insecure Trump fans? Damn.

But I'd take any pro-liberty candidates over the fascist shit that just won, as long as they are not busy handing the world to Russia.

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on November 14, 2016, 10:44:01 AM
I feel sorry for any non-old woman trying to run in 4 years. Can you imagine the disgusting crap she will have to put up with from all the insecure Trump fans? Damn.

The same shit they put up with everyday? :hmm:

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

derspiess

Google search for "The same shit they put up with everyday?" brings up lyrics from some Drake song :mellow:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Barrister

I could swear that I had posted how I was pulling for Vince McMahon to be Trump's running mate, noting the two had a long history together, appeared to like each other, had similar backgrounds (NYC sons of multi-millionaires who turned their daddy's businesses into billions), but I can't find it using the search function.

Well it turns out I wasn't completely crazy - reports now coming in that Trump is considering Linda McMahon (VInce's wife, and former CEO of WWE) for commerce secretary. :lol:

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/305797-trump-camp-mulling-linda-mcmahon-for-commerce-report
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Zanza

I think they'll not drain the swamp but rather turn it into an ocean of corruption.

dps

Quote from: Zanza on November 14, 2016, 01:01:01 PM
I think they'll not drain the swamp but rather turn it into an ocean of corruption.

Again, is anyone surprised by this?  I said once it became apparent that Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton were going to be the nominees that whichever one of them won, we'd have one of the most corrupt administrations ever.

I completely disagree with Sanders on almost every issue (except to an extent on immigration), but I'll at least grant that he doesn't seem to be personally corrupt.  I think he would have run a reasonable "clean" administration.  (I say just reasonably clean because no doubt some of his supporters/appointees would turn out to be corrupt, but he wouldn't know that until they got caught.)

Barrister

Quote from: dps on November 14, 2016, 01:21:01 PM
Quote from: Zanza on November 14, 2016, 01:01:01 PM

Again, is anyone surprised by this?  I said once it became apparent that Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton were going to be the nominees that whichever one of them won, we'd have one of the most corrupt administrations ever.

I completely disagree with Sanders on almost every issue (except to an extent on immigration), but I'll at least grant that he doesn't seem to be personally corrupt.  I think he would have run a reasonable "clean" administration.  (I say just reasonably clean because no doubt some of his supporters/appointees would turn out to be corrupt, but he wouldn't know that until they got caught.)

Sanders would just have been a different form of "corruption".  Every single progressive/liberal special interest group is going to have its hand out, and his White House would have been stuffed to the gills with lifelong activist types.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.