2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 09, 2016, 08:32:41 AM
:(

QuoteHillary Clinton's Lonesome White Male Supporters

They're awash in Trump fans, who are not shy about their disdain for the Democratic nominee.

I'm very surprised Hillary is losing among white male college educated..

Valmy

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 09, 2016, 08:36:09 AMI want to punch everybody in that article. The douche portraits didn't help.

How is does the math in that article even work?  33% of us support Hillary yet only 17% of us without College Degrees do? But 37% of those of us with College Degrees do? Color me skeptical that 80% of all white men have college degrees, which would be required for those numbers to be accurate.

I guess what makes me skeptical is that the numbers I saw suggested 52% of White men support Trump, 57% would be on the high end. Which, combined with the rather extreme numbers on the other two stats, suggest they cherry picked the most outlier and extreme polls to justify their position. Also it is a common left wing BS move to use what people say on the internet as some kind of indication of anything. 'Look at all these cherry picked racist tweets!' Or say shit like XXX people are seen as XXX. Seen as XXX by whom? Hard to counter what is said in the passive voice.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: Hamilcar on October 09, 2016, 11:57:37 AM
Quote from: lustindarkness on October 09, 2016, 11:25:38 AM
I'm not buying popcorn (always gets stuck in my gums anyway), I'm buying ammo. This shit could get nasty.

And the autists over at wsb are stocking up on $SHWC.

The autists at where are stocking up on what? :huh:

Hamilcar

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on October 09, 2016, 03:56:02 PM
Quote from: Hamilcar on October 09, 2016, 11:57:37 AM
Quote from: lustindarkness on October 09, 2016, 11:25:38 AM
I'm not buying popcorn (always gets stuck in my gums anyway), I'm buying ammo. This shit could get nasty.

And the autists over at wsb are stocking up on $SHWC.

The autists at where are stocking up on what? :huh:

https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/

Possibly weirder than languish. And Martin Shkreli is a mod, which is why it occasionally goes private as the SEC investigates.

Hamilcar

mongers

Damn, I'm gonna have to watch this 'debate' / train-wreck / 21st century Fort Sumter event, aren't I?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

11B4V

Quote from: mongers on October 09, 2016, 06:05:26 PM
Damn, I'm gonna have to watch this 'debate' / train-wreck / 21st century Fort Sumter event, aren't I?

Not to be missed.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

celedhring

I'll stick to the highlights (or rather, lowlights) reels tomorrow.

DGuller

Going to go for 3/3 on not watching these "debates".  I'll tape it just in case I see a lot of gasping here, so that I can watch the replay instead of waiting for Youtube, but otherwise it'll go straight to delete.

lustindarkness

Quote from: celedhring on October 09, 2016, 06:19:56 PM
I'll stick to the highlights (or rather, lowlights) reels tomorrow.

All 90 minutes has the potential to be a highlight reel.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Legbiter

Trump at the pre-debate prep.

My prediction: A thermonuclear dumpster fire is how this debate will shake out.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

lustindarkness

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 09, 2016, 06:45:35 PM
When's kick off?

It already kicked off with some Trump circus press shit with four Bill Clinton accusers. Crazy shit.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Liep

I was looking forward to the debate hoping for some fun melt down action, but I'm starting to worry it might not be fun at all.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Admiral Yi

Quote from: lustindarkness on October 09, 2016, 06:48:50 PM
It already kicked off with some Trump circus press shit with four Bill Clinton accusers. Crazy shit.

I don't want to watch the pre-game show.  When's actual kick off?