2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zanza

The pussy video shows that Trump is an obscene man, but it doesn't change anything in the perception that he would be a terrible president. So if you bail out over this remark but not any of his previous political gaffes, it suggests that all his outrageous political stances are fine with you.

garbon

Quote from: Zanza on October 08, 2016, 09:08:54 AM
The pussy video shows that Trump is an obscene man, but it doesn't change anything in the perception that he would be a terrible president. So if you bail out over this remark but not any of his previous political gaffes, it suggests that all his outrageous political stances are fine with you.

Politics is about perception. This finally pushed him past the post for many.

Agreed though that it doesn't say anything good about those who supported him till this point.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 08, 2016, 07:27:58 AM
The list is growing

Gary Herbert (Governor of Utah) Withdrawal of his endorsement of Trump
Jon Huntsman (Former Governor of Utah) Calling for Trump to withdraw from the race
Mark Kirk (Senator from Illinois) Calling for Trump to withdraw from the race
Mike Lee (Senator from Utah) Calling for Trump to withdraw from the race
Jason Chaffetz (Representative from Utah's 3rd Congressional District) Withdrawal of his endorsement of Trump
Mike Coffman(Representative from Colorado's 6th Congressional District) Calling for Trump to withdraw from the race
Barbara Comstock (Representative from Virginia's 10th Congressional District) Calling for Trump to withdraw from the race

Ben Sasse now too.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

I imagine there's quite a few Republicans who are happy with the release of the tape as it gives them an excellent chance to abandon this trainwreck.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Hamilcar

Have we reached the inflection point? GOP disavowals seem to be mounting rapidly...

CountDeMoney

FunkMonk

Quote from: Hamilcar on October 08, 2016, 11:03:45 AM
Have we reached the inflection point? GOP disavowals seem to be mounting rapidly...

Tomorrow's debate may be the most hilarious greatest moment in American electoral history  :D
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Hamilcar

Quote from: FunkMonk on October 08, 2016, 11:08:27 AM
Quote from: Hamilcar on October 08, 2016, 11:03:45 AM

Tomorrow's debate may be the greatest moment in American electoral history  :D

I may have to stay up for that one.

FunkMonk

Also I imagine the GOP will now be pouring its money out of Trump's campaign and into down ballot races.

And it's hilarious that a member of the Bush dynasty (Billy Bush) was pivotal in Trump's downfall (if he does indeed lose/drop out)
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Martinus

Quote from: Eddie Teach on October 08, 2016, 06:29:11 AM
Quote from: Martinus on October 08, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
So, Trump is basically (Bill) Clinton with a likeable wife? :hmm:

Doesn't that make it worse when he steps out on her?

That was my point. The only saving grace of Bill's infidelities compared to Trump's is that Bill is married to Hillary. :P

garbon

Aww Fiorina reappeared to ask Trump to step aside.

Martinus

I find it funny that after all Trump has said and done, the October surprise that will finally do him in is an old video of him being himself.

Hamilcar

Quote from: Martinus on October 08, 2016, 11:24:21 AM
I find it funny that after all Trump has said and done, the October surprise that will finally do him in is an old video of him being himself.

The spell has finally broken.

Martinus

Funny how noone is talking about Hillary openly advocating judicial murder of Julian Assange.

Hamilcar

Quote from: Martinus on October 08, 2016, 11:32:35 AM
Funny how noone is talking about Hillary openly advocating judicial murder of Julian Assange.

That's just SOP for US presidents.