2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: Tonitrus on October 07, 2016, 11:00:16 PM
In the case of Trump removal/withdrawl, there is also the potential to use theElectoral College mechanism.

The RNC could just have to say "still vote for Trump, and our Electors will pick the appropriate candidate".

Pretty sure there are some 'faithless elector' rules that would prohibit that...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

CountDeMoney

Yeah, that's all we fucking need:  a potential 269-269 electoral college tie with only 8 Supreme Court justices.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Barrister on October 07, 2016, 11:03:19 PM
In the case of Trump removal/withdrawl, there is also the potential to use theElectoral College mechanism.

The RNC could just have to say "still vote for Trump, and our Electors will pick the appropriate candidate".

Pretty sure there are some 'faithless elector' rules that would prohibit that...

It's not faithless if the candidate has withdrawn.

But it's academic...Trump will take his campaign advice from the Kurgan.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 07, 2016, 11:04:28 PM
Yeah, that's all we fucking need:  a potential 269-269 electoral college tie with only 8 Supreme Court justices.

That would be fucking awesome. 269-269 & 4-4. Perfect storm.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on October 07, 2016, 11:31:15 PM

More Obama!

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 07, 2016, 11:36:33 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on October 07, 2016, 11:31:15 PM

More Obama!

I believe the House picks IIRC. Senate the VP.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Fate

Trump is going down with the ship. He literally wrote the book:

Martinus

Breaking new: Trump is a dirty old man and Clinton is a corporate two-faced politician. :yawn:

God, this election will provide psychologists with PhD thesis material for years.

Fate

Watching the trump devotees in the media squirm is great. How are you doing, Martinus?  :lmfao:

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

CountDeMoney

Little too late for Paul Ryan to grow a conscience and a spine.  Skinny asshole.

Martinus

I win either way.

If Hillary wins, then bigoted evangelical fucks like Pence get totally discredited as hypocrites for supporting this goat while shitting on gays and women.

If Donald wins, you bunch of precious little snowflakes cry yourself to sleep.

My political stance on the US presidential elections is entirely based on malice. :P

Eddie Teach

How does a trump loss discredit his supporters anymore then a trump win?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 08, 2016, 12:00:51 AM
Little too late for Paul Ryan to grow a conscience and a spine.  Skinny asshole.

Yup.  And all the Elephants who punked Donnie early are going to come out smelling like roses.

dps

Quote from: Barrister on October 07, 2016, 11:03:19 PM

There are such rules in some states, but they're almost certainly non-enforceable.