2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

If the math is such that Trump can win FL and OH and still loses, that's somewhat reassuring.

Eddie Teach

Move NC and Colorado over, 269-269, House elects Pence.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Zoupa

Quote from: Eddie Teach on October 31, 2016, 03:58:15 PM
Move NC and Colorado over, 269-269, House elects Pence.

She's 5 points ahead in CO. It'd take a bigger polling error than Brexit for Trump to win. That's very, very rare.

alfred russel

I've been evangelizing for Gary Johnson, and won a few converts in the climbing community. But one found out about Jill Stein and switched to her, and is now telling others about this Stein lady. :(
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Zoupa

Quote from: alfred russel on October 31, 2016, 04:12:36 PM
I've been evangelizing for Gary Johnson, and won a few converts in the climbing community. But one found out about Jill Stein and switched to her, and is now telling others about this Stein lady. :(

:bleeding:

citizen k

Admiral Yi

Quote from: citizen k on October 31, 2016, 04:18:43 PM
Why would potheads go with Hill and not Jill or Gary?

Because potheads skew college educated and can thus evaluate the impact of their decision.  :P

CountDeMoney

Quote from: mongers on October 31, 2016, 03:09:15 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 31, 2016, 02:13:40 PM
Quote from: Barrister on October 31, 2016, 02:09:39 PM
Pennsylvania? Fuhgetaboutit.

I'm a lot closer to Pennsylvania than you are.  He's going to carry it.

This I find worrying, it's like Brexit all over again. With that, just spending an hour or two handing out leaflets and speaking with the public convinced me vote leave had the momentum among the non-middle classes.

So if you're saying, having your nose to the ground has convinced you, then maybe 'we' are fucked?

Pennsylvania has no early voting:  1 day only, folks.
It still uses shitty touchscreen, paperless ballot machines from the 1980s.  No paper trail in the event of failure or challenge.
Pittsburgh and Philly are concentrated urban areas--that's a lot of wasted Democratic votes.
There's a whole lot of land in between  Pittsburgh and Philly, and it's all populated by creepy ass cracker derweiß types.
And it's completely anecdotally, but to a person every PA resident I know is a Trump supporter--including the government employees.

I would like to think I'm wrong, but hey.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 31, 2016, 04:38:51 PM
Pittsburgh and Philly are concentrated urban areas--that's a lot of wasted Democratic votes.

That only works for Congressional seats.  :secret:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 31, 2016, 04:44:12 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 31, 2016, 04:38:51 PM

That only works for Congressional seats.  :secret:

Not everybody who would or could vote for Clinton will be able to make it to the polls.  Wasted votes.

CountDeMoney

citizen k

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 31, 2016, 04:28:00 PM

Because potheads skew college educated and can thus evaluate the impact of their decision.  :P

Sounds like wishful thinking.  :yeah:

Admiral Yi

Quote from: citizen k on October 31, 2016, 05:00:18 PM
Sounds like wishful thinking.  :yeah:

Do you support Trump?  Not sure you've shown your cards yet.

Razgovory

I think Derspeiss has moved into the Trump column.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017