And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Naturally. Starbursts are too working class.

Berkut

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 20, 2016, 09:04:03 AM
Quote from: Berkut on September 20, 2016, 08:46:24 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 20, 2016, 08:42:48 AM
Skittles.  By all means, more racism please.

It's kind of breathtaking, really.

He just compared human beings to candy, and did so completely seriously and with zero appreciation at how incredibly..I don't know - inhumane? it is. That doesn't even really begin to describe how horrible such a comparison is...

While I certainly appreciate your ability be sarcastic when you want to be a dick and drive a point you consider irrelevant over a cliff, considering the well-worn prevalence of the Skittles meme in the Trayvon Martin shooting (#LOLDeadNiggerStorage) it's just more alt-right inside joke silliness. 
I guess somebody couldn't photoshop Pepe in a turban fast enough or something.

I don't actually care whether or not they are trying to be racist, covertly or otherwise, nor am I trying to be sarcastic.

It is incredibly horrible even if they are not being racist at all, even if Skittles just means Skittles.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

HVC

And besides, it's a stupid analogy because skittles dont explode. He should have used poprocks :contract:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: FunkMonk on September 20, 2016, 08:02:18 AM
My main concern isn't Trump himself. He's a vain buffoon who could be easily herded around as long as you talk his language (the way his current campaign staff have figured out how to control him) . He just wants to wave his hands around and fly in Air Force One like a little kid. I don't begrudge him that :lol:

It's the people around him, some of whom he'll choose and others he may not, that bother me. I have a feeling they'll be some outright hateful morons who will take roost in the Executive branch, create little fiefdoms, and rule like kings without much coordination or strategy, and really fuck shit up for the rest of us trying to just muddle through 4 years of Trumptopia.

Corruption, so much corruption! So much you wouldn't believe. You'll be begging us to stop, there will be so much corruption!

So basically, he would be our Kaiser Willy. :P

Malthus

Just curious, and I know actual facts don't matter in the slightest, but has there been a single actual example of a Syrian Refugee carrying out a terrorist attack in North America?  :hmm:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Malthus

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on September 20, 2016, 09:37:57 AM

Only with worse taste (yes, it' s possible).  :hmm:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Syt

Quote from: Malthus on September 20, 2016, 09:39:59 AM

But would he challenge Britain's naval dominance?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

derspiess

Sometimes a Skittle is just a Skittle.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Legbiter

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Berkut

Quote from: derspiess on September 20, 2016, 09:53:19 AM

Sometimes a Skittle is just a Skittle.

I cannot imagine why people don't buy your "I don't support Trump!" claims...
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Grinning_Colossus

Polls show Clinton slightly recovering despite Islamist terrorist attacks. I'd call that good news. :)
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

celedhring

Quote from: Grinning_Colossus on September 20, 2016, 10:20:18 AM
Polls show Clinton slightly recovering despite Islamist terrorist attacks. I'd call that good news. :)

Surely polls won't have been able to incorporate that yet.

Malthus

Quote from: Syt on September 20, 2016, 09:45:47 AM
Quote from: Malthus on September 20, 2016, 09:39:59 AM

But would he challenge Britain's naval dominance?

If he claimed he would start a dreadnaught building program, half of Languish would promptly switch to his camp.  :lol:

viper37

Quote from: Malthus on September 20, 2016, 09:39:15 AM
Just curious, and I know actual facts don't matter in the slightest, but has there been a single actual example of a Syrian Refugee carrying out a terrorist attack in North America?  :hmm:
not yet.  So far, there seems to be more attacks by anti-abortion nuts than other groups.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrorism_in_the_United_States
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.