News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Advice Wanted

Started by Zeus, May 08, 2013, 01:39:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Zeus on May 09, 2013, 01:50:45 PM
Can I at least be privy to the spectrum before I'm arbitrarily placed on it?

It's all academic now.  I have been fully briefed by "highly placed administration officials."  :ph34r:

Grey Fox

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 08, 2013, 01:20:49 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 08, 2013, 12:54:23 PM
What's your deal Zeus?  Long time hanger-on in the game room?

Zues, think long and hard before you answer this question.  It will determine your classification on the Languish scale from now until the end of time.

No.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Zeus

Academic? I guess that places me more towards the top end then.
To be cunning and vicious is a fairly obvious shortcut to total victory.

The Brain

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 08, 2013, 01:20:49 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 08, 2013, 12:54:23 PM
What's your deal Zeus?  Long time hanger-on in the game room?

Zues, think long and hard before you answer this question.  It will determine your classification on the Languish scale from now until the end of time.

And thanks everyone for the great ideas, I will probably be hitting up every restaurant I can that was mentioned, and probably most of the hiking trails.
It is leisure, sort of. My uncle offered to fly me up there, get me a job, and find me a place to live for the summer. I'll be working a lot, but I'll have a lot of down time. What I don't spend writing I will spend on all of your suggestions. And yes, fish taco will be high on the priority list.  :cool:

Do you write sonnets? :)
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Zeus

When pressed, I can write an iambic pentameter sonnet fairly quickly.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

crazy canuck

This place is all about branding someone in an arbitrary way.

But on the current most popular basis of assessment we dont know enough about you to know if you are a gun nut, your position on maximizing shareholder value or whether you are a Patriots fan. 

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 09, 2013, 01:59:55 PM

It's all academic now.  I have been fully briefed by "highly placed administration officials."  :ph34r:

:D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 09, 2013, 02:14:32 PM

This place is all about branding someone in an arbitrary way.

But on the current most popular basis of assessment we dont know enough about you to know if you are a gun nut, your position on maximizing shareholder value or whether you are a Patriots fan. 

Spoke like an anti-gun nut. :thumbsdown:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

CC's afraid to come to the US because everybody's packing. :yes:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Zeus

I am not a gun nut, but I enjoy shooting things when the place is appropriate. Shareholder value literally never takes up an iota of my thought as a general rule. Also, Tom Brady sucks.

MadImmortalMan

I have two pieces of advice, despite never having been to Alaska.

1: Listen to everything Tonitrus says, that guy knows what's up.

2: If it scares you, do it.

Honestly, if I had to encapsulate the essence of manliness into one phrase it would be the risk-taking. Take risks. Don't let any girls tell you to buy japanese government bonds. Do everything. Try everything.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

garbon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 09, 2013, 02:19:13 PM
CC's afraid to come to the US because everybody's packing. :yes:

*crotch shot*

garbon

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on May 09, 2013, 02:20:35 PM
Honestly, if I had to encapsulate the essence of manliness into one phrase it would be the risk-taking.

Okay, troglodyte. :rolleyes:

Zeus

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on May 09, 2013, 02:20:35 PM

Honestly, if I had to encapsulate the essence of manliness into one phrase it would be the risk-taking. Take risks. Don't let any girls tell you to buy japanese government bonds. Do everything. Try everything.

I tend to live my life in this manner. I'm sure that'll phase out when I reach an older, more experienced age.