News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The liberal arts

Started by Ideologue, April 17, 2013, 09:55:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Worth a damn?  Obviously not, but U-DECIDE

Still taught in HS and financed as non-teaching college degrees (status quo)
18 (45%)
Still taught in HS, not financed as non-teaching college degrees
4 (10%)
Not taught in HS... then we don't need specialized teaching degrees, now do we?
2 (5%)
I believe that all education is a benefit to hahahaha just kidding who would vote for this option?
11 (27.5%)
Only fund such degrees as offered at JIB University
2 (5%)
Other
3 (7.5%)

Total Members Voted: 40

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger

Those brown napkins may be shitty but they come in handy on the road.  :)
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

Free hot sauce is worth taking, mild not so much.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

I had a free latte in a supermarket today. :skinflint:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

derspiess

Quote from: garbon on May 03, 2013, 08:39:44 AM
So I tried it this morning. Not really that much different from a regular one minus the egg yolk. The "cheddar" tastes basically the same as the American cheese on a regular one.  I guess then with less calories and cholesterol they are a fine substitution.

Oddly, the refer to them as Delights. I was confused when they called my order as that wasn't what I thought I'd ordered. :D

I used my $1 Facebook coupon to get one for breakfast for this morning.  Not bad, but for a difference of 50 calories I'd still opt for the classic version.  It's probably the only thing on the McDonald's menu that I really like.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Neil

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 04, 2013, 11:44:21 AM
I think the way to make sense of Grab On's thinking Yakie, is that things that are associated with places he identifies with are good, and things from other places are not good.

California and NYC are cool, therefore Napa Valley sparkling wine rocks.  America is cooler than the rest of the world, therefore American cheese is acceptable.
So he's kind of like Jos is to coal, but on a grander scale?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 04, 2013, 05:06:38 PM
Those brown napkins may be shitty but they come in handy on the road.  :)

Yep, like when you're driving around and you hear one of the kids sneeze in the back seat.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

derspiess

Ed Anger

Just let a large metal shelf shatter one of your legs, and you can then afford a nanny.

CountDeMoney

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Neil

With CdM's luck it'll probably be the shelf holding his own unopened wargames that falls on him.  Those shelves were never meant to hold that many unpunched counters, so the lawsuit against the manufacturer would never succeed.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

Crushed by ASL rule books. Bad way to go.

CountDeMoney

That's why all the ASL stuff is on the lowest shelf.